A Completely Useless ARES Poll

Hell, I've never played Ares online before! Anyone want to show me how to play next week? (Next week is when I get my first home internet connection. Long live DSL! Long Live Me! Long live ambrosia! Everyone rejoice! I'm getting the NET! :D)

------------------
--Talon_Karrde, MoC, 61:4--

yea, i never see anyone online when im on GR, and i really want to play to i can actually make good conversation in the web boards 🙂
is there a set playing time or somthing???? i really wanna play!!

------------------
Don't knock on the gates of hell, ring the doorbell, it drives them crazy.

Talon: Open Gameranger. It's simple from there.

Tycho: There's no set time, it's just that the boards are very few people and we're usually not on. You can start a game of Ares and play people that aren't on the boards, though.

------------------
"I think I have discovered the problem with humans. It is not entirely stupidity, as I once thought. It is their pigheaded and baseless philosophy: "If it isn't me, then it's opinions, feelings, and life do not matter, and it was meant to serve me." They also have this ability for creating excuses that are pointless, but they get others to believe it. A few examples: "It's only some savages. It's only five acres of rain forest. It's only one semi-truck. It's only fifty gallons of toxic waste..." After this realization, I marvelled at how humans, and the rest of the planet, have survived for so very long."
- Me

Warning: people named Darkk, Vegeta, Jimmy Page, and Valdez are very good. (listed from worst to best)

------------------
Formerly-Rampant Human-Coded AI

Warning: People named Pallas Athene and Pyro* aren't (in order of worst to best)

• I think he said he hasn't played in a couple of months.

------------------
-Pallas Athene of Dysian Beta, Obish Consensus Representative
-Nieru Dast, {M}ilitia Aeriane
-Danae Vernius
"Cheaters don't really win, and winners don't really cheat. Unless you're talking politics." -Durandal

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral Darkk:
**Warning: people named Darkk, Vegeta, Jimmy Page, and Valdez are very good. (listed from worst to best)

Is Vegeta back? The old Axis Vegeta? I haven't been on GR in ages...

Speaking of which, the reason for my half-year net ares sabbatical is that the last couple of times I tried net games, everything got mucked up and my prefs got corrupted, but I'm pretty sure that's because I had both the old version of ares and the one with the hera beta installed at the same time. Now that I'm down to one, should things work again?

------------------
So I don't feel alone, or the weight of the stone,
Now that I've found somewhere safe To bury my bones.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home,
A shelter from pigs on the wing.

Only one way to find out. 😉

------------------
"I think I have discovered the problem with humans. It is not entirely stupidity, as I once thought. It is their pigheaded and baseless philosophy: "If it isn't me, then it's opinions, feelings, and life do not matter, and it was meant to serve me." They also have this ability for creating excuses that are pointless, but they get others to believe it. A few examples: "It's only some savages. It's only five acres of rain forest. It's only one semi-truck. It's only fifty gallons of toxic waste..." After this realization, I marvelled at how humans, and the rest of the planet, have survived for so very long."
- Me

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
*Warning: People named Pallas Athene and Pyro aren't (in order of worst to best)

• I think he said he hasn't played in a couple of months.

I suppose I should mention this: I played him in Obish VS Elejeetian. I've heard that the Obish have an unfair advantage in it. I wouldn't know; he beat me soundly (My only kills were a couple fighters and his carrier, which was just a big target)

------------------
-Pallas Athene of Dysian Beta, Obish Consensus Representative
-Nieru Dast, {M}ilitia Aeriane
-Danae Vernius
"Cheaters don't really win, and winners don't really cheat. Unless you're talking politics." -Durandal

VEGETA STILL PLAYS!

that's all i have to say...

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page