{ CGE Showcase : Showcase ends tomorrow, 'Zero Hour' approaches }

The CGE ShowCase Ends tomorrow, specifically:

12:00 am GMT, Wednesday, January 28th, 2004.

Some of you may be asking, what does that convert to for my timeZone?

:: chanting, enters, trance begins to sway left to right, drops to knees, begins to melodically draw hands from the ground to chest, resurrects appropriate visual aid ::

For all intensive purposes, this is GMT:

Posted Image

Locate the largest city, region, that is closest to you...or your actual time zone.

For instance, I live in Chicago, this time zone is known as, (US) Central Standard Time.
It is '-6:00 hours GMT', that means for me the deadline is at 6pm today/Tuesday.

How was this calculated.

The deadline is 12:00 am.
12:00 -6:00 = 6:00

Essentially add or subtract your offset to get the correct deadline time for you.

{ GET BACK TO WORK! }
--------

What does the deadline mean:

No more revisions may be submitted. ( Quite literally all the forms will disappear relatively soon after the deadline )
No more entries can be submitted. ( Surprise entries żż )

Exact byte size of all entries, compressed and decompressed will be recorded, this includes; music, movies, data files, read me's, extras, sounds any and all things, found in the archive.

Explicitly do not change a single file, do not add a word, do not subtract a word, do not correct spelling mistakes, do not change the icon, do not make any changes no matter how small or how insignificant you think it is.

do not make a ripple in the pond, do not rock the boat, do not vibrate the spider's web, do not poke the bear, do not slap the lion while he is eating, do not tread on the rattle snake, do not play with matches.

do not mark another answer, do not fill in another bubble on your scantron.

do not consider this a bluff.

do not wait until the last minute, as you maynot have control over certain things.

do not push it.

in other words when the time comes, STOP, and COME TO A FINAL HALTING BONE-JARRING COMPLETE STOP.
--------

:: soothing contemporary jazz plays ::

DO:

feel good about your efforts.

be honest.

walk away with a smile on your mouth and a song on your heart.

enter if there is another showcase.

realize that while it may seem extreme it is the correct way to make certain that no changes are made after the showcase comes to a close.

realize that making changes after the deadline is not fair to other participants.

understand i will beat this dead horse until the juices run clear.
--------

If your entry is not complete to your satsifaction, enter it at whatever level of completion it is currently at.

It is in your best interest to show some results.

Now for some further clarification:

You may not change your games archive or its internal files.

I encourage you to make a separate updated version of your game saved to your server/ place of hosting for your game as a separate file, for separate download.
Example, if you only got to beta version 0.99, then that link should remain active until the showcase voting period ends. However, meanwhile you can create version 1.0 and upload it as a separate file with its own link.

Entrants, if this is not perfectly clear, speak.

When the voting period has concluded, you may make changes to your entry, at this point, i will happily accept news of your changes and post it to the front page.

This message is an exhaustive explaination of the showcase rules and subsequently the about page.

ShOooOoOOOOOooooooOOOOoOooooooOOoOooooowCasssssssee

------------------

... ** Big O..ACTION!**

Showcase closed.

2 weeks from now voting will begin.

2 more weeks the tallying will begin and the results will be presented and the showcase will end.

------------------

... ** Big O..ACTION!**