CRC Updated

Hmm. Well, this thread seems to be getting back into the realm of nice, friendly web citizens, but I'd still like to make this post, just to clarify a few points. This isn't aimed at you specifically, Pilky, but at anyone to whom it applies.

Ambrosia's policy, for their beta and development team, is effectively one of silence unless permission is granted to release details, normally by Andrew. If you are a member of the beta list and you are in conversation with the developer, unless you have permission from the developer and/or Andrew, you can't release the information anywhere except on the actual list itself.

I've been a tester for several Ambrosia products (including CS) and it's the same - all information released between testers/developers/Ambrosia is strictly confidential. That is why Ambrosia has the progress log system - which, I admit, isn't the best way of receiving data, but it's what they use.

It's possible that none of you people who signed up for testing Coldstone after Carm announced the update were told any of this, so here's the heads up for you. Just make sure that you have permission before you post anything. If in doubt, don't release any info at all. It's safest that way. 🙂

And, slightly more on topic, I'm looking forward to the next issue of the magazine, Pilky. It's always nice to see activity within the community - although I echo Debra slightly in saying that the promotion it gets on this board is perhaps just a little excessive. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"