Hotline and ARES together? what do u think?

First of all does everyone know what hotline is..?

if you do that's great
if you don't, go to (url="http://"http://www.bigredh.com")www.bigredh.com(/url) and get it...it's very usefull.

So anyways here's my idea: Set up an ares server on hotline
It would be a good way to get people interested in ares and a good/fast way to be able to download ares files.

---if there's good feedback maybe i can talk ambrosia software into making a permanent server on hotline..and if they don't i would

Tell me what you think..

------------------
ramble on..

Hey buddy i allready tried that remember i made you an admin and you kicked every one most people don't like that idia but i support it but this will proboly not matter

oh yea... :rolleyes:

oops my bad

oh well if nobody is interested then this topic will slowly sink down the board and dissapear..(hopefully)

------------------
ramble on..

why is hotline betten then dling things from a browser??
i've gotten it twice but i cant see any difference in speed or reliability

------------------
Don't knock on the gates of hell, ring the doorbell, it drives them crazy.

well with hotline it is a bit faster to download things since you don't have to wait for pages to load. Hotline is just used by alot of a people and it would be a good way to get the word out about ares..or any other ambrosia game. You could also talk to people in the ambrosia site on hotline and ask questions or whatever and get answers instantly rather then waiting like on these boards. Hotline is pretty cool too. 🙂

------------------
ramble on..
(i)--Jimmy Page(/i}

Actually hotline uses a faster, propriatary protocol for downloads. Perhaps Charracho would be even better...(mac only)

------------------
NEW NAME FOR THE DREADNOUGHT
The Hard-Boiled Egg
Why?
Because she cant be beaten!

I've also suggested using hotline as a way for them members of the RPG to meet.
I could only do it by schedule, my DSL frequently goes off for some reason :frown:.

------------------
William Darkk, head of the Darkklight Entrepenurial Federation
"Strategic warfare" is code for "killing civilians", and it's my calling. Yeah, it's barbaric. War's supposed to be.

what darkk said was kinda what i was thinking..

hotline would be a good way to contact people while in the same way being a good way to download stuff.

------------------
ramble on..
(i)--Jimmy Page(/i}

Ok anyone who would like to see a 24-7 ares server on hotline post something in my petition and after i get enough people to post i'll send it to the guy in charge of ambrosia..(nathon lamont?) lol whatever his name is..i forgot it temperarily sorry.

------------------
ramble on..
(i)--Jimmy Page(/i}

Originally posted by Jimmy Page 1:
**Ok anyone who would like to see a 24-7 ares server on hotline post something in my petition and after i get enough people to post i'll send it to the guy in charge of ambrosia..(nathon lamont?) lol whatever his name is..i forgot it temperarily sorry.

You mean Andrew Welch.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.