Help me Nathan Lamont, you're my only hope

I think I might have found the solution to my net woes, but a bigger problem remains.

For the net thing, I remebered my firewall software was on. I'd like to selectively enable Ares, what port does it use?

The other problem is this: whenever I get a plug, it goes to the first scenario but won't let me select it, unless I'm using a prefs file someone else used to beat or play said plug. This is not just one plug, it's ALL PLUGS. HELP!!!

PS aresbugs never responded when I asked about the 2nd, more serious part.

------------------
Error: target is violating the laws of physics
Error: target is locally exceeding c
Error: unable to determine if target exists or not
Error: target cannot be hit

help me obiwan, your my only hope......
i thought you fixed this problem with slug

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.
nickel count: 6

tired voice What do you want now? sighs

Slug's prefs work only for all scenarios Slug has played. This makes it somewhat hard to test people's scenarios, or play anything new. I'm not about to bug Slug about this, I'll bug the guy responsible (initials NL) for bugs and stuff. Add to that the fact Slug has beaten said scenarios, and isn't likely to make all new prefs files for me.

Also, I'm sure someone out there knows the port #. TELL ME!! I'm almost certain I've found the solution, but I don't want to enable access at random until it works.

------------------

Oh, I don't need the port # anymore. I figured it out on my own by checking the settings in "start new game" after net games AND checking the logs. The port Ares uses isn't the first one rejected, apparently GameRanger does something with port 15000.

I STILL NEED HELP WITH THE FIRST PART.

------------------