iBook vs. Power Book G4

Yes, this does belong on the Coldstone web board, because this relates to Coldstone.
Ok, I am going to leave for college in less than a year and I am going to need to purchase a Mac laptop to continue my work on Coldstone. The question is, which one works better for Coldstone and applications that I would use with it? I am rather stumped.
Thanks 🙂

------------------
Surely you can't be serious!
But I am serious, and don't call me Sherley!

What kind of programs are you using?
Well... its a matter of money, mostly. If you have the money to spend, get a titanium.

------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
"Logic is futile"-Scott Adams

Well, I didn't have the money to spend...but the PowerBook is so damned much nicer, so I took that. 🙂 And I wouldn't recommend buying it until you need it at school -- they're sure to get updates.

------------------
Fallacy of the mind.
<GlueBubble> it came to me in a moment of inspiration*!
<Cone> shortly after you rejected "Phallus of the Mind"
<GlueBubble> 😜

Well, I was leaning towards the Power Book also, but I needed feedback from someone else.
Thanks 🙂

------------------
Surely you can't be serious!
But I am serious, and don't call me Shirley!

Most people will tell you the Ti Book is better. Me, I like to sit indian style, and carry my iBook around in my backpack... The Ti Book is just too big for me. The Ti Book also tends to tip over backwards more, the center of gravity is more towards the screen since the screen is really big and the rest of it's lighter than on the iBook. The iBook is also much more rugged, and I tend to beat on things. My iBook has spider cracks on the corners from my continually setting it down in my backpack with no padding for a year, but nothing worse, the plastic case is good and thick. My biggest problem with the iBook (other than slower speed and lack of a pcmcia slot) is that everything plugs into the sides, so I only really sit indian style when I'm cordless.

--katherine

------------------

If you do end up getting an iBook, I would seriously consider getting a decent size monitor to plug into it when you aren't on the road. The screen on the iBook is pretty small - and when you clutter it up w/ coldstone windows it will be much easier to deal with on a larger monitor. Just my opinion, tho.

------------------
(url="http://"http://jankostar.net/sanko")my Page of Garbage(/url)