Is the IRC Down?

I tried to go to irc.ambrosia.net, but all I got was a blank page. When I went to IRCHelp.net or whatever, and searched for ambrosia, nothing came up, and when I went to the channel search, and entered in #pop-pop, nothing came up, so I entered in pop-pop and nothing came up as well. Is the IRC down for ambrosia or something?

------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

Originally posted by PinkFluffyBunny:
I tried to go to irc.ambrosia.net, but all I got was a blank page. When I went to IRCHelp.net or whatever, and searched for ambrosia, nothing came up, and when I went to the channel search, and entered in #pop-pop, nothing came up, so I entered in pop-pop and nothing came up as well. Is the IRC down for ambrosia or something?

Ms. PinkFluffyBunny,

I'm sitting on the #Coldstone channel right now, so the irc server is not down. Make sure you are entering the correct port number for the server. It is irc.ambrosiasw.net:6667

(edit) It is .net not .com as I originally posted. (/edit)
------------------
"But soon, soon, soon... the world will be a better place, with meadows and bunnies and fiber optics in every home..."
- Tom Dowdy, Apple Computer

(This message has been edited by Stark Bledfast (edited 08-13-2002).)

Ooh! So that's what I did wrong...thanks!

Update- I just tried that and it didn't work...? All it says is: Specified Server Cannot be Found.
------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

(This message has been edited by PinkFluffyBunny (edited 08-13-2002).)

Update- I just tried that and it didn't work...?

Did you use the .com address that I originally posted and then edited(ie, did you copy that link before I had a chance to edit it)?

What IRC client are you using? Do you get Ambrosia's start up welcoming screen, or is all you get a blank screen?

------------------
"But soon, soon, soon... the world will be a better place, with meadows and bunnies and fiber optics in every home..."

No, I didn't get to see the link before you edited it, and I don't know how to connect to it in the first place. I think I am supposed to just go to the url...? irchelp.org doesn't help AT ALL, because it doesn't explain how to connect in the first place.... and irc.org is totally worthless..... it explains nothing.... 😕 :eek:

------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

No, I didn't get to see the link before you edited it, and I don't know how to connect to it in the first place. I think I am supposed to just go to the url...? irchelp.org doesn't help AT ALL, because it doesn't explain how to connect in the first place.... and irc.org is totally worthless..... it explains nothing....😕 :eek:

Ahh. Well, I believe you have to have an IRC client in order to connect to an IRC channel. Ie, I don't believe any web browser has this capability. So just cut and pasting that address into your Internet Explorer or Netscape browser won't do anything for you.

What OS are you using? We should be able to point out some decent clients for you that you can download and then utilize.

------------------

I have OS 9.0.4 Thanks for the help

------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

I have OS 9.0.4 Thanks for the help

Everyone has their own favorite IRC client. I prefer to use ShadowIRC which is freely available. You can get it (url="http://"http://www.shadowirc.com/")here(/url).

Download it and then tell it to connect to irc.ambrosiasw.net port 6667 and it should connect to the server. Then use the join button to connect to #Coldstone channel and you should be all set.

Good luck.

------------------

Thanks, it works fine, no one in coldstone channel ehehe. One problem; I can't get my name (PinkFluffyBunny) to show up as my user name. It's just "New_User"

Update: Nevermind. I figured it out 🙂
Thanks for the help.
------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

PinkFluffyBunny, make sure you are typing in #coldstone for the channel name instead of just coldstone. Just saying this because I haven't seen you in the channel today.

------------------
"Then you do believe that we are real. You think us capable of not forgiving you. Who would forgive you more readily than your dream?"
"No," the Unbeliever said. "Dreams never forgive."
-Stephen Donaldson,
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever

I did do that

Update: Does it have anything to do with me not being registered? Also, my name is just PinkBunny
------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

Update: Does it have anything to do with me not being registered? Also, my name is just PinkBunny

You don't have to be a registered user nor have a registered version of your IRC client to show up on the #Coldstone channel.

Also, I have been idling on the channel all day, and I haven't seen you enter the channel yet. When you connect to the Ambrosia IRC server you will be met with the MOTD which welcomes you to the Ambrosia server, tells you how many people are online, etc.

You then need to join the #Coldstone channel, and when you do this you will see the #Coldstone topic, which is currently set to:

Originally posted on the #Coldstone channel topic: (/b)

Channel topic: The Fifth Commandment of Coldstone Forums: Thou shalt respect thy veterans. € Gnarly Gnews: Coldstone 1.0.1 update and Trinity source available. € Chronicle, Polaris by Celchu, released! € Upcoming: The Four Mages plug-in announced: http://homepage.mac....ojects/tfm.html

- Topic set by Cafall at 12:51 on Monday 12 August 2002
- Channel #coldstone opened at 20:57 on Friday 26 July 2002
(/b)

Good luck.

------------------

MOTD? Met? No one greeted me. Except that console thing. Nothing to do with ambrosia.
Update: Nevermind. I figured it out!
------------------
Be carefree like the
bunny; nibble on grass,
prance through fields.

Any of those IRC clients for OSX?

------------------
I'm not laughing at you,
I'm laughing with you in
mind

Originally posted by OgreBob:
Any of those IRC clients for OSX?

I found (url="http://"http://allmacintosh.xs4all.nl/circmac.html")Athena(/url) specifically mentioned in a post about IRC and OS X. I've never used this IRC client, but it should work for you. Give 'er a try and join us on the channel.

Just remember, the address is: irc.ambrosiasw.net and the port is 6667. The channel is #Coldstone.

Come on over.

(edit) The athena link I posted was no longer valid(checked after the post). I pointed the link to an IRC client repository where you can get athena still (/edit)
------------------

(This message has been edited by Stark Bledfast (edited 08-14-2002).)

I cant seem to be able to get on the IRC server. When I hit the connect button it says *** Could not find server *** then it keeps trying to reconnect with the same results. What's wrong here? Yes, i am doin irc.ambrosia.net, serial 6667

Nevermind, figured it out now.

------------------
I'm not laughing at you,
I'm laughing with you in
mind

(This message has been edited by OgreBob (edited 08-14-2002).)