Stamps

I'm having some trouble with the stamp control (and yes, I do have the update). I want my hero to faint when he dies. What I did is made a standard animation of him fainting, with the event startgame attatched to the last frame. I used the EndGame event and made it so that All NPCs and the hero himself freeze and then I replace the hero's Pic with a white square (transparent) so you dont see him underneath the stamp. Then i did stamp control and made it place the stamp at &&PlayerX; and &&PlayerY.; This should work good. However, when I tried it out, everything works fine (I know this because I made the hero death sound play before executing all other actions) except when the stamp should display, the game just quits. No Alert, no error display, just boom, done, quit. I then tried making the stamp appear at &&CameraX; and &&CameraY.; Still quits. I tried &&ActualX; and &&ActualY; (hey, its worth a try) still quits. It's kinda annoying. And no, its not the player map icon because i took that out and it still quits. I then tried making an event on a map where it places the animation if you step on the event square. Now this doesn't quit. Of course, im not sure if I did &&actual;, &&Player;, or &&Camera.; Any Ideas? Help is appreciated.

------------------
I'm not laughing at you,
I'm laughing with you in
mind

um... help is greatly appreciated...

------------------
I'm not laughing at you,
I'm laughing with you in
mind

Originally posted by OgreBob:
Then i did stamp control and made it place the stamp at &&PlayerX; and &&PlayerY.;

Mr. OgreBob,

Stamp control utilizes pixel coordinates, not movement coordinates. The &&PlayerX; and &&PlayerY; globals save the characters movement coordinates and &&ActualX; and &&ActualY; globals save the current NPC's movement coordinates. Neither of these you will want to use directly.

I did a quick search on this question because I couldn't remember the exact formula to use off the top of my head(I have it written down at home), and I located the following for you from Alois, a very helpful person(who doesn't seem to be around much anymore... :frown: 😞

Originally posted by Alois: **
Keep into account that walking tiles should be 3232 in PoG (while ground tiles are 9696). The "debug" coordinates probably are PlayerX and PlayerY which are walking-based. Thus, multiply the coordinates you get from the debug window (btw, you can modify the debug event to show you other infos as well) by 32, subtract 32 from both, and you'll get the (top,left) coordinates of the 'cell' you are standing on. These will be the number to supply to the "stamp" event.**

Btw, the above is found in (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum48/HTML/001007.html")this(/url) thread. I'd recommend you check it out as it has some other valuable information in it on this subject.

Good luck.

(edit) Added the link to the thread as I felt it was important in retrospect (/edit)
------------------
"But soon, soon, soon... the world will be a better place, with meadows and bunnies and fiber optics in every home..."
- Tom Dowdy, Apple Computer

(This message has been edited by Stark Bledfast (edited 08-13-2002).)