How proportionately big are standard PoG screens?

Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone had any idea as to the size of a screen relative to real life. Does a thousand feet to a side sound reasonable?

Gallandro

Originally posted by Gallandro:
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone had any idea as to the size of a screen relative to real life. Does a thousand feet to a side sound reasonable?

Mr. Gallandro,

I doubt PoG, nor very many games, are realistically to scale. I could be wrong, but I think the art is meant to look decent and the artists don't worry too much about actual scale.

Standard PoG maps are 200X200. If you want to call that 1000 feet to a side, or a 1X1 square representing a 5X5 square foot plot, then by all means go for it.

But, and I ask this in all sincerity and curiousity, does it really matter? Are you attempting to build some structure of the present day or a past age and have it perfectly to scale? What are you trying to do that scale really matters instead of, "Does it look good?"

------------------
"But soon, soon, soon... the world will be a better place, with meadows and bunnies and fiber optics in every home..."
- Tom Dowdy, Apple Computer

Hmm... I would suggest measuring the PoG main character's foot and using that as a scale. If you're trying to scale down a stamp or something, that's probably an accurate enough method.

------------------
If passion rules reason, how can you allow only reason to rule you? Only Celchu knows the answer...
— Cafall