3-D sprites

Do I need 3-D sprites for games if I wanna make an RPG like Mario 64 or something?

------------------
Created in the Future by **** -Knight in his old age. I was sent to the future to undo the justice Kirby had preformed apon Popstar. I then found a Chao. I named it champ. He acompanied me on my quest. He then had a son named Champ Jr. so the Saga continues.

no.

Coldstone only uses 2d sprites, so you don't need 3d sprites (we call 3d sprites 'models' btw).

A sprite is a serie of pictures, one for each part of a animation - usually ten for each movement. we call those parts of animation frames

For every single frame you need a picture of the sprite from every angle (4 or 6 angles).

You could make a 3d sprite, animate it, then take pics and use those. But that would cost you a lot of time if you have never done it before. I'm talking years to learn that, not just days.

Animation in 2d is easier, if you try it a few times you can get reasonable results, if you have the talent 🙂

The best way is to use sprites other people made and agreed to have you use for free.
If you read the forum, you'll find a few links to websites that have free sprites.

Also you can look for free sprites here in the addon files section.

Or, the most easy solution, just use the sprites you will get on the coldstone cd - they are not mario, but for a first game they are ok 🙂

------------------

I know what a spriter is. I'm a spriter. I make comics and I edit sprites. I'm no good at making them from scratch though.If you'd like to see examples of my work(sprites or comics) just e-mail me and tell me what you would like to see.

------------------
Created in the Future by **** -Knight in his old age. I was sent to the future to undo the justice Kirby had preformed apon Popstar. I then found a Chao. I named it champ. He acompanied me on my quest. He then had a son named Champ Jr. so the Saga continues.