i got 2 problems

First, I'd like to know if I can make an event that is ALWAYS active, and i dont have to paint the event over EVERY tile of EVERY map. E.G. If hero doesnt have large bag, and gold is >= 100, then change gold to 99. Know what i mean? Ok, secondly, anyone have an idea of how to make a bomb... you drop it, and it's fuse goes for 3 seconds, giving you time to run away, and it explodes, doing input number here damage to everything in a radius (how would you make a radius?). That would be helpful if you could answer my questions.

Thanks 🙂

------------------
I'm not laughing at you,
I'm laughing with you in
mind

Um... any help here would be nice....

------------------
I'm not laughing at you,
I'm laughing with you in
mind

(quote)Originally posted by OgreBob:
**Ok, secondly, anyone have an idea of how to make a bomb... you drop it, and it's fuse goes for 3 seconds, giving you time to run away, and it explodes, doing input number here damage to everything in a radius (how would you make a radius?). That would be helpful if you could answer my questions.

Thanks 🙂
The first one I doubt can be done. But the dynamite I believe is doable.
First make probably an NPC that cannot move and looks like a stick of explosives. On contact, give the player an option to light it. Then (url="http://"http://coldroom.150m.com/CGE_Stuff/CGE_Tips.html#Q24")create a timer(/url)*. After the timer is finished, then replace it with a hostile NPC (which looks the same as the previous one) with an AI of Defensive Caster. Give the NPC a defensive spell that lowers the health of allies within (whatever range you want). Play a cool exploding animation, and voila!
*Thanks stray 🙂
(edit)For the hostile NPC, you'd want to crank up the resistance up to an absurd level. And don't forget to remove the Hostile NPC after it explodes.(/edit)
------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

(This message has been edited by spitfire (edited 07-24-2002).)

(This message has been edited by spitfire (edited 07-24-2002).)

Stark and I were just talking about this on #coldstone, and if you want to have an explosives item then you'd have to create an item that, when dropped (or used) would create an NPC at the players coordinates. I haven't tested it yet, but in the NPC control event, for the coordinates, you should be able to just enter "&&PlayerX;" and "&&PlayerY;". (Without quotes, of course.) Then follow the above procedure.

------------------
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.