Keydowns on Windows OR How did Trinity do that?

Problem: Keydown events do not seem to work on windows-based machines. At least they don't within a plug-in for PoG.

I've recently been seeing complaints on the PoG board that people are having problems getting plug-ins to work for the Windows version. After spending a lot of time attempting to troubleshoot simple solutions(installed incorrectly, using the wrong keys, using caps lock for case sensitive keydowns), it seemed like there might be something to it.

So I downloaded and installed the windows version of PoG on my computer at work(yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment), and low and beyold I made an interesting discovery: keydowns do not work on PoG. At least, some of them do not.

I installed a plug-in titled "Volume Control 1.1.2" written by Cafall, which specifies the keys - + and = as keydown events. He has also made his controls into menu items. The menu items work flawlessly(so I know that the plug-in is being recognized), but the keydown events do not.

I installed a plug-in that I wrote, called "PoG Dev Tools." In this plug-in I utilize the ! @ # and (delete) keys. Interestingly, the shift keys (! @ #) do not work at all, but the (delete) key does work.

I have not yet had the time to experiment with character keys(such as a normal letter like 'g' or 'k' etc). However the Beenox created plug-in "Trinity" adds two new keydown events using the 'c' and 'v' keys. So this leads me to believe that perhaps a Coldstone compilation for windows will not recognize keydown events using a shift key.

Anyhow, does anyone know of a reason for this, or a work around for it(besides avoiding using shift keys)?

Thanks

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

Someone just posted on the PoG board, confirming mu suspicions(about windows not recognizing keydowns that use the shift key). He said that a plug-in written by Glenn called "Speedy Keys" works fine. The keys that this plug-in uses are the following:

Key Function
a Use a Healing Potion
d Use a Healing Concoction
f Use a Healing Infusion
g Wield the Divine Lamp
h Wear the Heldan Hat
r Use the Kingdom Map
t Use the Tent
<space> Use a Filter (sic) of Healing

I am going to send an email to Dee notifying him of this. Until it gets fixed(if it can be fixed; I know they've had problems with windows), if you want your games and/or plug-ins to be windows compatible, then avoid using keydowns that use the shift key.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992