Barehanded Damage

I've noticed that for the player in CS, the min-max damage is 1-3 without weapons equipted. Is it possible to change this, so it's like a martial arts skill? Thanks.

------------------
So what if I'm paranoid.
There COULD be mind control drugs in my marshmellows.

As far as I know, there is no way to change the base bare-handed damage. You could fake it by doing a huge amount of events and items, but it just wouldn't be worth it.

------------------
"... For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil must give us pause..." - Willaim Shakespeare, Hamlet

(This message has been edited by Celchu (edited 06-22-2002).)

Originally posted by Celchu:
As far as I know, there is no way to change the base bare-handed damage. You could fake it by doing a huge amount of events and items, but it just wouldn't be worth it.

Doesn't strength affect damage as well? I didn't think damage only affected bonuses when equipping weapons.

If so you could create a martial arts class and each level give a bonus to strength which would simulate more power in ones attacks. You would then want to make skills that would dole out damage that would be appropriate for this class.

Anyhow, this would be kludgy as well, but it would most likely work.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

Originally posted by Stark Bledfast:
**snip!

Exactly, Stark. You managed to read my mind. Mine was actually more complex, involving weapons that took away strength (so you don't get the martial arts bonus with them), and events and variables that change the weapons to take away more strength when the martial arts skill improves. But that's just my drunken ramblings. 😛

------------------
"... For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil must give us pause..." - Willaim Shakespeare, Hamlet

(QUOTE)Originally posted by Celchu:

Wouldn't it be easier to call up an attack animation graphic that has no weapons in hand? (With a handfight KEY)
Then the battle statistics would work out as if he had a weapon. However to the player there would be no weapon seen. Coldstone doesn't care if the graphic has a weapon when it fights. That's all based on random numbers.

(This message has been edited by Toast (edited 06-22-2002).)

(This message has been edited by Toast (edited 06-22-2002).)

Originally posted by Toast:
< snip>

Yes, it would be easier, but then you run into th eproblem of the player unequipping his fists. 😄

------------------

Originally posted by Celchu:
**Yes, it would be easier, but then you run into th eproblem of the player unequipping his fists.:D

/me has images of the "invincible" black knight.

------------------
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea --
massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a
source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect
it." -- Gene Spafford, 1992

I think the base damage should be changeable in the next update for Coldstone (of course not 1.01, because that's pretty much underway already :frown: ).

------------------
So what if I'm paranoid.

This is really depending on how you set up your game but, you could have a spell that activates a global having a condition for if gb____ = then add/subtract damage. use the spell as a on off switch activating the martal art and deactivating it. or if you just want a constant ether use the strength idea or have a background spell that provides a strength bonus (make shure it has a long duration and repeats itself once the duration is over).

------------------
Thanks,
GrahamVH

you could have a spell that activates a global having a condition for if gb____ = then add/subtract damage. use the spell as a on off switch activating the martal art and deactivating it

Do you mean have a spell linked to whatever casts or races have a martial arts bonus and have that change the min/max damage? That sounds like a good idea. 🙂 Thanks

------------------
So what if I'm paranoid.