Remove effect in spell editor and X

I can't seem to get anything to work in the remove effect linked event in the spell editor in X. (I even tried the old dialog and play sound tricks.) In the archive, someone described using this event successfully as a timer but they didn't mention whether this was in X or not. Is this a software or lack of experience problem? (As an unrelated question... is a timer in the works for 1.0.1?) Thanks!

------------------

Originally posted by Apollo16:
**I can't seem to get anything to work in the remove effect linked event in the spell editor in X. (I even tried the old dialog and play sound tricks.) In the archive, someone described using this event successfully as a timer but they didn't mention whether this was in X or not. Is this a software or lack of experience problem? (As an unrelated question... is a timer in the works for 1.0.1?) Thanks!

I have tested the remove effect linked event in OS X, and it works perfectly. Of course, this was with 1.0.1, so I don't know if it works in 1.0. Rest assured, however, that this bug is at least fixed in the update.
As for the timer question: no.

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions — Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
— Cafall