Does defreeze engine call work in X?

The subject line is my question. Does defreeze engine call work in X? I want to be able to cast a spell, have the hero freeze, have the animation do its thing, then have the hero move to either fight, cast again, pick up his loot etc. Freeze works but then the hero won't unfreeze.

P.S. I did do a search. All I found was the annoying argument over stop-action vs. realtime battle scene preferences.

Thanks!

Apollo16

------------------

I don't know about the Unfreeze engine call. If the problem persists, email me and I'll report the bug to the CGE 1.0.1 mailing list.
A workaround would be to use the User Control engine call to disable the keyboard and mouse, so the player can't move.

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions — Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
— Cafall

Another possible solution would be to use the attribute wizard to temporarily set the heroes speed to zero, then the effect would be gone once the spell wears off

------------------
I think the surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

More details on the unfreeze problem in X:

When put in an event in a map, the freeze and defreeze engine call work correctly. To get them to work in the spell editor linked events, you have to roll them into a separate event called freeze and unfreeze (or whatever) and use a call event. I suspect that there is a timing issue involved.

Now to change my own thread slightly:

In mucking about, I have found that the user control does NOT work in an event in a map, in main.cet nor in the spell editor's linkd events. Because it is based on just a checkbox, I can't see how I am screwing it up but if anyone can get this to work in X, please tell me how.

BryceCubed: I will try the attribute wizard trick to see if it works. Thanks!

Cafall: Obviously, I tried your suggestion of the user control but failed to get it to work correctly. Thanks for the answer regardless. Please mention the user control problem on the beta-testers list... if indeed I'm not misusing it somehow.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Apollo16 (edited 06-21-2002).)