A few questions

I have three questions which I have been stewing over for a while. I doubt that anyone except Beenox could answer them, but anyone who knows the answer(s) is welcome to post.

1. When making a plug-in which adds a new class to an existing game (such as PoG), how do you make bows which were in the existing game switch to your new class' range animation? I know it's possible, it was done in Trinity.

2. It seems that the Wisdom stat affects Strength bonuses, not Magic Point bonuses. Is this true? If it is, which stat affects MP bonuses?

3. When you gain a new level in a CGE game, there is supposed to be some sort of "Stamina roll" which picks a random number (within a certain radius) and adds that number to the maximum Stamina. Is this roll automatically done by the engine?

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions Ā— Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
Ā— Cafall

'Lo, Cafall, my loyal servant. šŸ˜‰

2. Wisdom afffects your MP. I have no idea where you're getting the Strength thing from. Probably the drugs. šŸ˜‰
3. It is automatically done.

Now, you may want to know the specifics. The rolls for Stamina and MP per level are calculated as follows:

The main stat (either vitality or wisdom), minus 15. All negatives are set to zero. This is then added to a random number between 1 and 5. This is your bonus to stamina/MP for that level.

As for #1, I have no experience with plugs, so sorry. :frown:

------------------
"... For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil must give us pause..." - Willaim Shakespeare, Hamlet

Originally posted by Celchu:
'Lo, Cafall, my loyal servant.;)

I would have posted the rolling smiley, but it keeps displaying freeze frames. šŸ™‚

2. Wisdom afffects your MP. I have no idea where you're getting the Strength thing from. Probably the drugs.;)

Thanks. I was just wondering, because my character somehow got a sudden boost in strength while his MP remained the same. As for the drugs, I would have ignored the comment, but I've gotten other comments from you like that... šŸ˜›

**Now, you may want to know the specifics. The rolls for Stamina and MP per level are calculated as follows:

The main stat (either vitality or wisdom), minus 15. All negatives are set to zero. This is then added to a random number between 1 and 5. This is your bonus to stamina/MP for that level.**

Oh, thanks. I was never able to find that.

As for #1, I have no experience with plugs, so sorry.:frown:

Weakling!!! Posted Image

------------------
The greatest of harm can result from the best of intentions Ā— Wizard's Second Rule, Stone of Tears.
Ā— Cafall