My map won't load! What can I do?

Ok, here's what happened: The player starts on a map, and then moves on to the next map. On the second map he needs to talk with a wizard who thens opens a portal that will teleport him to the next area. (After talking to the wizard, an event tile is placed that teleports him). For some reason, when the player steps on to the event tile, the map loads but the game just quits as soon as it finished loading. I've tried remaking the map in 3 different ways so far and none of them work. What can I do.

------------------

Ok, now I'm even more screwed. I deleted Boberus City and the Dragon Cave (The maps that came by default), thinking that maybe having so many maps was screwing Coldstone up, and now whenever I load the game, at the bottom of the screen where the menubar thing usually is is just a big black bar instead.

------------------

Originally posted by ironscythe:
Ok, here's what happened: The player starts on a map, and then moves on to the next map. On the second map he needs to talk with a wizard who thens opens a portal that will teleport him to the next area. (After talking to the wizard, an event tile is placed that teleports him). For some reason, when the player steps on to the event tile, the map loads but the game just quits as soon as it finished loading. I've tried remaking the map in 3 different ways so far and none of them work. What can I do.

I have had the same problem where the game just suddenly stopped working. I found that remaking the location (not the map) usually works in fixing this.

Originally posted by ironscythe:
Ok, now I'm even more screwed. I deleted Boberus City and the Dragon Cave (The maps that came by default), thinking that maybe having so many maps was screwing Coldstone up, and now whenever I load the game, at the bottom of the screen where the menubar thing usually is is just a big black bar instead.

Try starting up the game again and see if it still happens (sometimes it is just a one-time glitch). If that doesn't work, make sure the map interfase layout is set up correctly in the Game Options window. Also, make sure the Use Map Interface option is checked in the location for your map.

------------------

I tried remaking the location, still no luck. And also, since I deleted Boberus and Dragon Cave, the map doesn't even try to load, it just quits as soon as the player tries to step onto the event tile.

------------------

Originally posted by Ironscythe:
I tried remaking the location, still no luck. And also, since I deleted Boberus and Dragon Cave, the map doesn't even try to load, it just quits as soon as the player tries to step onto the event tile.

To get those two maps back just go to Create New Game in the file menu and choose Midievil. Once those are copied to your hard drive, drag the two maps into your game's maps folder and delete the rest of the Midievil game that was just copied. You will have to go to Select Game in the file menu to choose your previouse game, however.

------------------