error

I got the tutorial for coldstone, and did the first few steps perfectly right, but when the tutorial said to launch the game,(Wich I did) I got the following message:Execution failld.EventStartGame.cet can't be found. This event is the first thing executed by your game, and must either open a splash screen or start a new game right away with an engine call.

------------------

(QUOTE)Originally posted by osmosisjones:
(B)I got the tutorial for coldstone, and did the first few steps perfectly right, but when the tutorial said to launch the game,(Wich I did) I got the following message:Execution failld.EventStartGame.cet can't be found. This event is the first thing executed by your game, and must either open a splash screen or start a new game right away with an engine call.

You fell for the same trap I fell into, I did what the tutorial said to do. If you wait until you are through page eleven or so before you try testing your game you will see what I mean. i jumped the gun and tested too early and became frustrated several times before I realized, I had to set more of the game up before I tested it. Also make sure Coldstone has enough memory allocated to it before you try running your game. If you don't have much RAM, compile the game and close Coldstone and start-up from your game folder. Read carefully.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Toast (edited 05-29-2002).)