Main Character

Can you change the appearance of your main character in the middle of a game? Suppose you wanted to have a minor character that you can directly control during an event when the main character is not visible, can you do that?

------------------
Liz the Wiz:)

There are two rules for ultimate success in life. (1) Never tell everything you know.

Originally posted by lizwiz:
**Can you change the appearance of your main character in the middle of a game? Suppose you wanted to have a minor character that you can directly control during an event when the main character is not visible, can you do that?

Yes, you can do this by using the player map icon event to change what your player looks like. I did this in my game Seventh Quest - you can get changed into a mush creature by asking to many question of a certain character. Hope that helps.

------------------
Squak - the seal
makes the noise not
the approval

Originally posted by lizwiz:
**Can you change the appearance of your main character in the middle of a game? Suppose you wanted to have a minor character that you can directly control during an event when the main character is not visible, can you do that?

You could also do this while the main character is visible. Just change the player's icon to your minor character, and create an NPC that has the same icon as the main character, and load it up. Basically switching their places around. The character will see the npc that you created and it will look like they did, but of course it isn't.

Huh. Thats a pretty good doppleganger idea actually. Hmmm.

Anyhow, the thing to remember is that the picture does not equal the character. The character is simply that: a character. You can make them look like whatever you want at any time. Heck, you could have every npc in the game look like the main character if you wanted to.. call it the "Is your name not Bruce?" game or some such.

Make sense?

------------------
Santa's elves are just a bunch of subordinate Clauses.

Originally posted by Squak:
**Yes, you can do this by using the player map icon event to change what your player looks like. I did this in my game Seventh Quest - you can get changed into a mush creature by asking to many question of a certain character. Hope that helps.

Don't forget to change the players map coordinates to at least one square off the block he's standing on or he will not be an animation. He will just stand there. You can't have two characters on the same map square.

rplate@vvm.com
TOAST from Texas
I'm on another computer that does't have my user cookie on it so I am considered a visitor