L.O.S. and Range Weapons: Access

I am creating an indoor game where the player has range wepons. What I am having trouble doing is make these range wepons stop when it reaches a "blocked access." ie a wall or door. The NPC charaters can see through the walls that have blocked access (L.OS.) and will shoot through them at the same time.

I could create two NPC's (one agressive, and one passive) and switch them with a trigger. I would then have to create multiple events for every NPC's I create. (lot of work) And what about shooting through blocked access.

Am I missing something?

------------------

Originally posted by Xacto:
**I am creating an indoor game where the player has range wepons. What I am having trouble doing is make these range wepons stop when it reaches a "blocked access." ie a wall or door. The NPC charaters can see through the walls that have blocked access (L.OS.) and will shoot through them at the same time.

I could create two NPC's (one agressive, and one passive) and switch them with a trigger. I would then have to create multiple events for every NPC's I create. (lot of work) And what about shooting through blocked access.

Am I missing something?

Does this mean Coldstone offers neither cover nor concealment? Makes it hard to do a Vietnam game...

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"

Anyone have any ideas?

------------------

NPCs stop projectiles. It's not much of a solution, but immobile NPCs using scenery graphics, or, for walls, immobile invisible NPCs set within a "cage" of no access should work. Just make sure they have collision spheres, low dexterity, and a billion hit points. I use the keyboard, no mouse, to control the player, though. This might work differently if you long range target with the mouse.

Um, also, this is kind of just an idea, but you could sorround no access cover obstacles on the map with "Add X to Dexterity" event tiles. So when the player is next to a tree he gets harder to hit. There're a lot of holes in that idea though.

myshkyn

------------------
"I'll give the fans just what they want, and nothing else at all."