Games

Our real project is waiting to see what we can do with combat. It doesn't look good, but we do have a backup project that will focus on missile fire and gunplay. Only it's not quite as developed as our other...

Anyway, what I CAN tell you about is our practice game, which we are making to learn Coldstone. It's a comedy RPG, and is mostly for learning, but we seriously are trying to make it an enjoyable experience to play. It will be done in a few months, and will be a free download for anyone who wants some fun. Hopefully, we will be far enough along on our developement by then to know which of our "real" projects to plug in the closing credits. Heh heh.

myshkyn

------------------
"I'll give the fans just what they want, and nothing else at all."

Mare Frigoris

That's my baby - It's set on Earth in the future (blah blah blah) hee hee.
It's got a website to check out if you so desire. You can find
Character images/info - Story info - Progress Log - Information about the Games Tenative Systems - and screenshots when they become available.
(url="http://"http://www.stuffco.net/mareframes.html")http://www.stuffco.net/mareframes.html(/url)

I'm also working on a "Demo" of sorts that will allow me to figure out how to use COldstone to it's capital potential. In this game you would play a charcter with a big hammer that gets to whack moles outside of his village.

The other idea I'm bouncing around is a game in which you play a virus whose goal is to go into peoples bodies and make them puke..It would be a lighthearted sort of thing.

Thank you for exerting your optical energies to perceive my typographical entry.

------------------

I'm working on two right now.

The first is a simple side-scrolling space shooter, which is more for my own amusement than anything. It's helping me learn ColdStone and is just plain fun. You can read more about it in the "images" gallery.

I work for a non-profit company and we're considering making a game to publicize one of our ministries to the 20-something generation. It's still in the concept stages, but I envision "Frank Perretti meets Lara Croft". Basically battle demons while recovering Biblical artifacts.

------------------
-Fyre
http://www-students.biola.edu/~johns

My first game is essentially a means for self-promotion among my customers and future prospects. Which means the graphics have to be original and diverse, and exploring my rpg gameworld should not take more than half an hour, since people are very busy these days. They should be able to discover a bit more if they take the time to seriously play the game.
Each map will have a different location in time: prehistory, midieval, present and future, so graphics will be very different on each map.
The central quest will be to look for (the source of) wisdom. I want very little violence, the morals of POG, where you are being paid to kill, are not mine.
If I have this done before christmas I'll be very happy.

------------------
"Get back to work, you slacker!" - Duke Nukem

Originally posted by Tarnฤ‡lion Andiyarus:
Constructed using the Coldstone Engine created by Beenox**

Obviously. ๐Ÿ˜›

I'm making a futuristic epic, 70 hour playtime, multiple endings, multiple characters, all the caboodle. I'm currently thinking of implementing a dialogue at the start, enabling the user to be able to choose which battle mode he wants, Real Time or Turn Based which should be quite interesting.

The method I'm working on for Turn Based goes a little something like this. The game stores an event where depending on what map you're in, you're transported to a 'generic battle ground' which mimicks the players surroundings. Then, instead of using a map, I'll have an location with player/monster animations. When the player selects a battle option such as 'attack', 'rest', 'item' etc etc, the player animation is changed to the desired one (ie. the player running up and hitting the nasty). For different monsters, I'll have an event that replaces the previous monster graphic with the new one you just encountered. It'll mean a lot of rendering, but it should be quite effective.

------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you at
Birdland this evening. A recording for Blue Note Records...

"Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships people don't speak of,
It's best to step back, and observe with couth, for we all must meet our moment of truth." - (url="http://"http://www.OHHLA.com/anonymous/gngstarr/moment/moment.gsr.txt")Guru(/url)

Mine will be a Star Trek based game... I have not made much decisions about it yet so there is not much to tell. ๐Ÿ™‚

------------------
Power Corrupts, and Absolute
Power Corrupts Absolutely.

Originally posted by Forcemaster:
**Mine will be a Star Trek based game... I have not made much decisions about it yet so there is not much to tell.:)

Remember Star Trek ย™ is under strict licensing from Paramount et al. You would need their permission to distribute a shareware game.

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"

My game is similar to one of captain arashi's ideas, the one about the killer t cell. Instead, the main character is a t-even bacteriophage, trying to infect the human. You kill red and white blood cells (it's not exactly biologically accurate), so it sounds like it will be fun to play.

------------------
jordo

Originally posted by Commander Arashi:
**Remember Star Trek ย™ is under strict licensing from Paramount et al. You would need their permission to distribute a shareware game.

Yes... I know as I said I haven't decided much about... like if I
will release it properly or not.

------------------
Power Corrupts, and Absolute
Power Corrupts Absolutely.

Originally posted by jordo:
**My game is similar to one of captain arashi's ideas, the one about the killer t cell. Instead, the main character is a t-even bacteriophage, trying to infect the human. You kill red and white blood cells (it's not exactly biologically accurate), so it sounds like it will be fun to play.

Hey, maybe yours and mine can have a deathmatch! ๐Ÿ™‚

(sounds like you more read up on your immunology then I am. I'd have to hit the books during design phase. Still thinking about protien coats and antibody reactions. And the possibility of an auto-immune "challenge" screen)

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"

(quote)Originally posted by Commander Arashi:
**Hey, maybe yours and mine can have a deathmatch!:)

I'd really like to see your game when it comes out. Mine is a fairly small game, so i will be finished in about 2 months. I'm going to upload a preview version of the game, just so everyone can see the graphics and basic gameplay. I'll upload that this week, and i look forward to your comments.

------------------
jordo