Yo Ho Ho Problem, Please Help

I haven't played Ares in a while and when I tried to start a new game, the level that was displayed was Level 13 (Yo Ho Ho). The Next, Previous, and Begin buttons were deactivated. This happened with both version 1.2.0 b6 and version 1.1.1. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the problem is.

------------------
Never argue with a stupid person. They drag you down to their level
and beat you with their experience.

I have been having trouble with this, too. You have Hera, right? Have you accessed the secret levels? I think that this is a bug, where the program will not allow you to access the levels before and after, and you have not gained access to the level that it is displaying, so you can not play it.

------------------
"Then enemy gate is down"
-Ender, "Ender's Game"

There have been so many topics on this. I regret to inform you that the only way to solve this is to trash your Ares preferences. Bummer.

------------------
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Polaris Confederate Recruitmant Theme
StarLance

Ha! I can solve this! Now that I'm back anyway.

This bug occurs (usually) when you switch between versions of Ares.

To prevent it in the future (not present, if it happens before you do this step-sorry you're out of luck), make frequent copies of your preferences (like every week/month or so) and store the copy in the safe place (you can override copies).

When the bug occurs, throw out your preferences then open up the newest version of ares (don't do anything with the copy just yet).

Now, quit and drag the copy into the preferences folder (make sure you change the name) and override the old one.

If you open up Ares (the one you did the first time) then it should work...

------------------

Nathan Lamont did include a template to change your preferances back to whatever they were before, but you need a copy of Resourcerer to do so......

------------------
Oh, I'm not saying those Alduran ships are bad. In fact, they make excellent minesweepers. Once.

-Orion Axis General Marxx
StarLance

Originally posted by Slug:
**you need a copy of Resourcerer to do so......

I don't have that, and probably never will...

------------------

Me neither. It costs around 200 bucks.

------------------
Oh, I'm not saying those Alduran ships are bad. In fact, they make excellent minesweepers. Once.

-Orion Axis General Marxx
StarLance