Salrillian and Cantharan Gunships

Please i no longer want to be hostil and i would like it if u would not be very hostil to me...and i must admit it the reson that I didn't want to play giatori was because, my grandma died, just kidding i am realy bad at girtori and i was being a sore puss that day;(
Well im back?

------------------
ITS HERE ARES WEBBOARD ONE HOTLINE(for more detales go to the topic called its here and read it)!
(if this Sarilian Carriers a-rocken dont come a-knoking)
(1-2-3-the devels after me-4-5-6-hes always throwing sticks-7-8-9-he misses every time)
(Devels Shack)
E |/| I || E |/

P.S. I dont want to be Pen pals but heres my adress
307 W. Harris A#3A
LaGrange Illinose
Eddie Bower
So send drop me a line just to chat 🙂

------------------
ITS HERE ARES WEBBOARD ONE HOTLINE(for more detales go to the topic called its here and read it)!
(1-2-3-the devels after me-4-5-6-hes always throwing sticks-7-8-9-he misses every time)
(Devels Shack)
E |/| I || E |/

Hmmmm... I guess. As long as you dont act like that next time we meet...

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

Also no one will have to play my sorry comp for A week i got banned from GR
But i promis a Game of Gaitori To mag when I return :!

------------------
(Devels Shack)
E |/| I || E |/

Ok. Gaitori gunships are also one of the best (if used right). I'd put them at around third best. A large number of gaitori gunships can kill a lot. But why am I explaining strategies?!?

------------------

I dont know but the one bad thing about them is that Any HeavyD.(used right) can kill all of them with minamal damage!

------------------
(Devels Shack)
E |/| I || E |/

But they have to get through my hvd first, see. And the best they can hope for when fighting me hvd to hvd is taking heavy damage and killing me. And while we're fighting, atomic pulses can hit them... 😉

------------------

I dont know...
Hay my new plug was just submited(not Alpha to Omega!)
But 23 hart pounding NET levels and its fully loaded(its almost all the levels from Ares but for the net LEVEL!)

------------------
(Devels Shack)
E |/| I || E |/

so where are u i beleave i ow u a game

------------------
'When you play with fire your gona get burned'
EM said about the Audemedon Gate ship well chasing Mags small vessal!

Technically speaking, the Aud gunship is the best ship in the game. It's inasa fires as fast as a fullerene pulse, does as much damage, it's asb beam doesn't fire that fast though, but it has 3700 hitpoints, compared to 2000, so it's better than any hvd. This includes eleejeetian cruisers, because they still don't have as many hitpoints as the gunship, and if a human vs. another human with those two ships, the gunship guy would win (probably).

As for Sal gunships, they are pretty good because of their lovable pk beams, and since the fireball is self-replicating it can do 200 damage instead of 100 1/5 times. If any of you have played Agggghhhh!! the plugin, you can see that although the gaitori gunship has a cool atom pulse, it doesn't make up for such incredible weakness. Aud. cruisers fire their inasa slower, and are half as strong. Holograph probably makes up for this, but I just build gunships.

----------------------
Cardboard socks be damned Sire! We need thongs else where will our jars rest their mighty pirate ships?

That bit about the Aud gunship is true, IF the two ships are sitting there and slugging it out. However, HVDs are faster and more maneuverable, and can dodge Gunships, 'cause gunships are more clumsy. HVDs also have missiles. And Cantharan Gateships are the best ships in the game...

------------------

I'm a fan of the Ishiman Gunship because it's fast-firing Lepton cannon does 80 damage a piece! The PK beams also do.... uh... 30 damage. An ishiman Gunship can devestate swarms of fighters and rip carriers to shreds. You don't have to worry about running out of ammo because they are energy weapons. They do as much damage as ammo but have a faster firing rate and they cost less energy to reload.

And face it: The look cool and you know it!

------------------
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Polaris Confederate Recruitmant Theme
StarLance

If you're going for looks, you'd better become a fan of Sal or Human gunships...

I agree with the anti-fighter thing, but everything can shred fighters. And the pk beam cannon isn't even rapid! The 80-damage lepton is ok, but the thing is too clumsy to be able to make full use of it.

------------------

I must concede that the Gateship is the best ship in the game, however it is not normally buildable. Per cost specifically, the Aud gunship is the best. However, this does not take into account giant microphones, which is absolutely fine because nothing takes into account giant microphones. To illustrate my example, if you were walking along to the local delicatessen, and a giant microphone appeared in front of you, what would you do? Nothing, at first, because how could you have taken into account this happening. It would be completely impossible. I rest my case.

----------------------------
Ha ha, what a silly suggestion. Me troubled by schizophrenia? Honestly.

I just tell the voices to shut up....

I object to someone saying that the Salrilian gunship looks good (on principle only: it does actually look pretty good) because it is one of the simplest modelled ships in the game. Myself a 3-D conneisiuer was disgusted by the Salrilian cruiser, gunship, and most of the Salrilian ships. However I was positively delighted by the Gaitori HVD, which is a fine piece of artwork. In my professional opinion as an artist, the best race for it is the Audemedon, and I think you'll all agree with me. (I know however that you won't). The best modelled ship in the game is the drumroll Audemedon Carrier. Not surprising. The worst ship 3-D wise is the Salrilian hvd, or carrier, or the gaitori fighter.

(This message has been edited by Captain Calculas (edited 09-27-2000).)

Hmm... I'd probably have to go with the Zerbilite...

Sheppo

But none of those can beat a sumo-class fighter....

Come on Rebel, cut it out. We're trying to be serious here and your attempts to spam are downright annoying. Please stop.

------------------
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Polaris Confederate Recruitmant Theme
StarLance

Here is a few tips for making a good 3-D ship.

1. Have a good 3-D program (Infini-D is probably the most popular) but I use StrataStudioPro 2.0 - it is better for very complex scenes.
  2. Start off with making the central object of the ship, each race should have a particular 'building' technique (like Skin, or metaball)
  3. Each race should also have certain other 'flags' which you mark in a notebook, I suggest (Curved Edge, Straight Edge, Curved & Straight Edge, Block Build, Central Build, Flat Construct, Tall Construct, Medium Construct)
  4. Sketch the general design of the ship. Try to make it seem natural with the weapons.
  5. For the central thing I suggest using skin
  6. Apply outjutting objects, skin or metaball good.
  7. Textures - this is the most important bit. With good textures, you can make the top view of a ship look immensing complex, when really it might only have a single skinned object. I suggest making a texture map in photoshop (300x300 pixels) with plenty of depressions. Port it to the texture editor. Make another one, similar, and port it to stencil (or maybe it's called overlay or something) Then get a bump map. For making it metal-like, you should adjust micro-sheen to 79/21:33:37 or just generally very shiny, but spread out.
  8. Very Important: Don't use a seperate texture for each object, although it may be tempting to do so, group the whole thing together and give the combined group a single texture.
  9. Lights. If you are particularly adventurous, you may take out the main light and park little lights around selected bits of the ship. If done correctly it can give it an extremely sinister appearance.
  10. Hotspots. Make a sphere and assign it a hotspot. Put them around airlocks and so forth.
  11. Every ship should have the main light shining at a certain angle. I believe default Ares is the light shining toward the object at a tile of 45 degrees. I use the Starcraft method.
  12. Animate it. Since most animators have a default speed up - slow down thing I suggest you do it manually or go into it and give it no momentum.
  13. Photoshop. Go into photoshop and make a window of 800x300, then paste them in order.
  14. Save a copy, and then assign it the default Hera colourtable. If you've gone off and made an orange race you'll find yourself with a disgusting mixture of red and yellow. Think ahead.
  15. Change black to pure blue in the colourtable, (always render with a black background).

And there you have it. Captain Calculas's guide to making a new ship. I hope this creates a generation of wonderful new artists, but I know better.

---------------------------------
"Take him to the brig"
"Uh.. captain, we don't have a brig"
"Oh. Then take him to the kitchen. Which shall now be called the brig"