Plug-ins question

If the questions I'm asking have been answered elsewhere, please point me in the right direction. Otherwise, here goes:

(Btw, trying to make a plug-in for POG, so the following apply to this game)

1. Is there a tutorial available for making a plug-in(as opposed to a completely new
    game)?

2. If not, is there any way to view a game's maps if you are making a plug-in for it?
    Ie, if I want to add an NPC, or add scenery or new villages, etc, is there a way to
    look through the different world maps to figure out which I need, and then where on the map I would place my changes?

3. Is there a way to access the original game's item lists to use(not edit) "special"
    items(ie, someone on POG's board mentioned they dropped a special item by mistake, and
    now is unable to complete certain quest threads. I'd like to be able to add an NPC that will give this special item out so that he can continue his questing).

If you can't tell, I'm fairly lost at this point. I'm not interested at the moment
in designing new games. I am interested in creating plug-ins for POG but can't seem
to load the POG world files in order to change them, etc, and this has to be possible
since the same sort of things that I'd like to do were done in Trinity.

Anyhow, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

------------------
Shoot 'em with everything you've got. If anything still lives, shoot 'em again.

Originally posted by Stark Bledfast:
**If the questions I'm asking have been answered elsewhere, please point me in the right direction. Otherwise, here goes:

(Btw, trying to make a plug-in for POG, so the following apply to this game)

1. Is there a tutorial available for making a plug-in(as opposed to a completely new
    game)?

2. If not, is there any way to view a game's maps if you are making a plug-in for it?
    Ie, if I want to add an NPC, or add scenery or new villages, etc, is there a way to
    look through the different world maps to figure out which I need, and then where on the map I would place my changes?

3. Is there a way to access the original game's item lists to use(not edit) "special"
    items(ie, someone on POG's board mentioned they dropped a special item by mistake, and
    now is unable to complete certain quest threads. I'd like to be able to add an NPC that will give this special item out so that he can continue his questing).

If you can't tell, I'm fairly lost at this point. I'm not interested at the moment
in designing new games. I am interested in creating plug-ins for POG but can't seem
to load the POG world files in order to change them, etc, and this has to be possible
since the same sort of things that I'd like to do were done in Trinity.

Anyhow, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1. Look in the documents folder of the Coldstone demo download. Its in there.

2. Can't look at that stuff as far as I have been able to see with the demo, but the tutorial will walk you through how to add NPC's and Items and stuff to existing game locations.
3. You can do this to give the guy back the crown he lost I believe by having the new npc you create give the player one via the item wizard upon player contact. Haven't tried this with quest items but I think it should be possible.

I recommend dl of the coldstone tutorial available from the add-on files at the coldstone site. Also carefully read through the coldstone manual(included in the doc. folder) editor sections and the plug-ins section. You should be able to find all the how-to-do's you need for what you are trying to do.

Good-luck.

p.s. don't get discouraged! Being a novice to this type of game developement, it took me several tries to just add an npc to fantrima and have it do what I wanted, but I managed finally.

------------------
CRH