Is it a Bug or Me?

Hi,

I was following along in Alois's 'small tutorial' and got to the point where we were supposed to change the map overview to reflect the actual look of the location. I followed every instruction exacctly but encountered the following:

If I pressed tab key, M key or clicked on the compass Icon on the menu bar, the picture showed up but it was incorrect. If I pushed the tab key or the others a second time, the picture changed to the correct view. If I kept pushing them, the picture kept changing back and forth from correct view to incorrect.

Also, if the incorrect view was showing and I used my mouse to click on the screen display, the picture would change but the white X symbol representing player location disappeared.

I am using an unreg. demo version on a G3 running OS9.1

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

------------------
CRH

Originally posted by ChristopherH:
**Hi,

If I pressed tab key, M key or clicked on the compass Icon on the menu bar, the picture showed up but it was incorrect. If I pushed the tab key or the others a second time, the picture changed to the correct view. If I kept pushing them, the picture kept changing back and forth from correct view to incorrect.

Also, if the incorrect view was showing and I used my mouse to click on the screen display, the picture would change but the white X symbol representing player location disappeared.

Try the following: make an event with a dialog in it which displays &&gb;_Passage_Status. Using global keydown events, associate it to the d (for 'debug' key), or whichever key you prefer if d is already assigned (if you're using the Debug_info event it is alreasy used). Check whether the value of the variable changes between two clicks on the compass icon. If it changes (back and forth from 0 to 1), then something changes its value (and should not...). Otherwise, I'm lost, too 🙂

Hope this helps,

Alois

------------------

(quote)Originally posted by alois:
**Try the following: make an event with a dialog in it which displays &&gb;_Passage_Status. Using global keydown events, associate it to the d (for 'debug' key), or whichever key you prefer if d is already assigned (if you're using the Debug_info event it is alreasy used). Check whether the value of the variable changes between two clicks on the compass icon. If it changes (back and forth from 0 to 1), then something changes its value (and should not...). Otherwise, I'm lost, too 🙂

------------------
CRH