keys and movies

okay, here goes.

I've been trying to figure out an easy way to make keys. My thought was to have a global variable, if you pick up the key, the global goes up by one, when you use it (On the event in front of the door), it subtracts one. But I can't get seem to get the global to go up by one when you get the item... Also, I'm having lots of trouble getting my pictures to work for items. appleworks PICT doesn't show up, and JPEG and BMP have problems. I even converted them with Graphic Coverter! Anyway,

I want to have a movie shown at startup, but I can't get it to go. It's quicktime.

any'oo
BoBblE

------------------
Fruit kabobs----

Originally posted by bobblehat:
**okay, here goes.

I've been trying to figure out an easy way to make keys. My thought was to have a global variable, if you pick up the key, the global goes up by one, when you use it (On the event in front of the door), it subtracts one. But I can't get seem to get the global to go up by one when you get the item... Also, I'm having lots of trouble getting my pictures to work for items. appleworks PICT doesn't show up, and JPEG and BMP have problems. I even converted them with Graphic Coverter! Anyway,

I want to have a movie shown at startup, but I can't get it to go. It's quicktime.

any'oo
BoBblE

All interesting areas for exploration, but I think you may be leading the party here. On keys, at least, there are options in the Item Editor that were specifically designed for that sort of thing.

As far as we can tell PICTs in 8-bit or 32-bit function best in most places. They need to be RGB, not indexed color, they can not have a seperate alpha channel but must rely on 1-bit transparency (white is transparent in Coldstone), and the suffix needs to be .PCT

I have managed to get .png to work in the interface screens (where it seems to be the preferred format); saving as .png directly out of Photoshop. I seem to recall having problems with JPEGs as interface screens.

We've requested a clarification on file types, compressions, and suffixes used by Coldstone -- the .pdf manual is incomplete at best, and possibly misleading.

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"

thanks commander, I got the keys to work now. but any clarification would be great. sign me up for the petition! 😉
thankey kind-e-ly!

bObBlEhAt

------------------
Fruit kabobs----