Question.

Ok, i have two things. 1) I added a new sprite and in game it has a teal overlay to it, i tihnk this is just a resolution problem but i cannot test it right now. 2) With the ne sprite i added, when ever it is walking around it never points the right direction. I have all the frames in the right order ans all but it still wort work.

Please help.

------------------
BOOM

Originally posted by Frozendevil:
**Ok, i have two things. 1) I added a new sprite and in game it has a teal overlay to it, i tihnk this is just a resolution problem but i cannot test it right now. 2) With the ne sprite i added, when ever it is walking around it never points the right direction. I have all the frames in the right order ans all but it still wort work.

Please help.

If you find out, let me know! Ijust did a sprite and the attack animation works fine. The walk animation has the same problems you describe. I did note, tho, that the finder type somehow got set differently for the two sets of picts. I'm hoping that's a lead on the teal problem. As for the other...I'm fiddling with both cycle length and the numbering (perhaps starting with "hero_walkN0000" is an error, and "hero_walkN0001" will work better).

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"

Originally posted by Commander Arashi:
**If you find out, let me know! Ijust did a sprite and the attack animation works fine. The walk animation has the same problems you describe. I did note, tho, that the finder type somehow got set differently for the two sets of picts. I'm hoping that's a lead on the teal problem. As for the other...I'm fiddling with both cycle length and the numbering (perhaps starting with "hero_walkN0000" is an error, and "hero_walkN0001" will work better).

Solved.

First, the teal -- it was the alpha mask that did it. I tried a bunch of other stuff that didn't work, but deleting the alpha mask from each pic fixed the problem.

Second; I deleted one frame from each direction, making it a 7-pic walk cycle instead of an 8-pic walk cycle, and it worked perfectly.

Does anyone else think we need a proper list of what formats do and do not work in Coldstone? ^_^;

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"

Originally posted by Commander Arashi:
**Solved.

Does anyone else think we need a proper list of what formats do and do not work in Coldstone? ^_^;

Did you read Appendix A in the manual yet?

-Jeff

------------------
Experiences = Integrate( Life, {t, birth, death} )

Originally posted by Paploo:
**Did you read Appendix A in the manual yet?

-Jeff

Many, many times. Oh, but more news, and my bad...I had one missing frame previously. It looks very much as if any number of frames will work as long as they are _divisible_by_8. That, my friend, was almost certainly our problem before.

I could still use some rules of thumb. A complete sprite is a long trial to do in error, when trying to match ground and foot movement -- would like to avoide what animators call "skating" or "spacewalk."

I've also found to turn off anti-aliasing. The detail in the ground covers the jagged sprite edge...and otherwise you get a nasty white edge.

Other news; both .mid and .mov prefixes play normally. Apparently it will handle everything your own QuickTime emulation will. Which, for many of us, does not include .mp3 -- I think RealPlayer hijacks the preferences, as I can chose to play an mp3 but it won't do so on its own.

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"

Ah, thank you very much.
So for i 4 way walk i guess it has to be divisible by 4... That may be a problem, however becuse, for learning puropses im useing sprites riped from chronotrigger.

As for removeing the alpha channel, I know how to i just dont have a program to do that.

------------------
BOOM