Madman's make-U-leet tutorial progress log

1/16/02:
-Started designing a game. This game will be taken apart, and put back together step by step, with the steps documented. This will go into a basic, and an advanced tutorial.

-Designed the ground tiles I’ll be using. Encountered a problem with some of them...

-Modifyed some of the “character sprites” for use in my tutorial — it never hurts to have something look unique, I always say.

1/17/02
-Implemented a few parts of the interface. The graphics are really simple and primitive, but add kind of an old school SNES type of look.... plus this is just generic stuff I’m assembling so I favor speed over quality.

-Added in maps, including a world map

-Put together some of my altered graphics into animations.

-Made a really cool “make-U-leet” logo

1/21/02
-Started designing the tutorial in Adobe Pagemaker

-Fixed a few graphical problems

-Got drunk and lost track of time

-selected a few PoG graphics to use out of the midieval template because I can't draw a house worth ****

------------------
windowzsifortehfargots

(This message has been edited by Madman (edited 01-21-2002).)

Hey, cool stuff.

------------------
"Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Muad'Dib

Originally posted by Madman:
**1/16/02:
-Started designing a game. This game will be taken apart, and put back together step by step, with the steps documented. This will go into a basic, and an advanced tutorial.

Great! Everyone is looking forward to any available tutorials. The CD's may take longer and we don't know how extensive they will be.

------------------

Originally posted by Madman:
**1/16/02:

-Designed the ground tiles I’ll be using. Encountered a problem with some of them...

-Modifyed some of the “character sprites” for use in my tutorial — it never hurts to have something look unique, I always say.

<snip>

1/17/02
-Implemented a few parts of the interface. The graphics are really simple and primitive, but add kind of an old school SNES type of look.... plus this is just generic stuff I’m assembling so I favor speed over quality.

Any chance you could put some screenshots on to the internet so that we could see what these graphics look like?

Cheers,

Spiffo.

------------------

Yes, a tutorial would be nice. I'm lost

------------------
Bear with me, I'm only
an English major.

Now that I've gotten into things that take more than the add noise filter to make, most of my graphics suck. Well, I'm not going for looks, I'm going for file size. That's the main reason why I didn't use the existing graphics. I'm really no artist — but I can guarantee that my tutorial will show you how to do many things that people once said coldstone would not do...

------------------
windowzsifortehfargots

Sounds good!

------------------
Bear with me, I'm only
an English major.

Updated 1/21/02. See first post.

------------------
windowzsifortehfargots

Keep it up Madman!

------------------
The answer to life, the universe, and everything is...42.

Sounds rad, Madman... I'm looking forward to it. ^_^

->Day<-

You think you know when you'll be done madman because I realy need that toutorial.

Sory I cant spel werth a darn :redface:

Hey, that sounds really cool. It would help many people ALOT! Includeing (sp?) me.

------------------
BOOM

Basic tutorial cancled, the standard tutorial is now available for download (who saw that one coming....). I'll be making a more advanced one, but not for a while.

------------------
windowzsifortehfargots