Game Structuring and Design w/ CS

I downloaded the CS demo, and it's kind of confusing. Does anyone have any tips or ideas for how to successfully layout a game so it is easier to... do stuff?

To be more specific, it's just sort of confusing as far as structuring the layout different screens, id est such as the intro screen and such. Or how to lay out a full game anyways... What buttons to click and when 😛

-Lequis

------------------
Computers are simply not toys, they are for those who know how to use them.

You sound like you would benefit from having the tutorial. Sign the petition if you agree with this!

Originally posted by Lequis MX:
**I downloaded the CS demo, and it's kind of confusing. Does anyone have any tips or ideas for how to successfully layout a game so it is easier to... do stuff?

To be more specific, it's just sort of confusing as far as structuring the layout different screens, id est such as the intro screen and such. Or how to lay out a full game anyways... What buttons to click and when 😛

-Lequis

It is a little confusing at first glance. It took me three days of intensive study (three days away from the paying project due this week! ) before I began to understand the underlying organization. There is a definate order one has to work in; there are far too many buttons that are simply greyed out or blank if you haven't created the resources they look for.

It seems the smart way to progress might be to fill the folders with place-holder graphics, create all major locations, create the maps associated with those locations, create the global events, create the local events. Then go back through; adding the detail to the maps you couldn't because the events didn't exist yet, replacing place-holder graphics with the real thing, testing, etc.

You know the routine. Isn't EVO the same?

------------------
everywhere else, it's --
"Nomuse"