What Was Wrong With The Rogue?

Originally posted by Mag Steelglass:
**I agree with the plot thing. I hadn't discovered hitjyangs "What Comes Before" when I made it.

And the Ishiman DO add shielding to the Rogue, it's just that they raise the shields from 400 to 650. Scary, huh?

Thanks on the ships. Their battlecruisers are actually better at close range combat, I've discovered.

And there isn't much to say about the bugs, I guess.

Thanks for your opinion.

And here's an update for Terran Wars:

It's gonna have a branching storyline with 30 missions on the shortest branch you can take. To give you an idea of the ships, I'm about halfway through making the new ones now, and I've got 348 so far. Each new race (6, in all) has its own advantages and disadvantages, so there is no "best" race. I'm also keeping all of the origional races in it, for multiplayer's sake. I'm going to add all of the new ship classes to the origional races, so that it will be more complete. And yes, that does include the Obish, Elejeetians, etc..

I think that's all. (Hey Slug: Is Starlance still better?)

Heheh. They don't compare, because StarLance will be a Total Conversion and yours will be just another addon that makes outrageous claims on the Ares universe.

Using the Grolk in Rogue was a big mistake. But because I'm not in the mood to explain all about the official info on the grolk, Sargatanus should. Sorry, but if you're going to make a plug with big claims like that, make it a total conversion please!

------------------
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Polaris Confederate Recruitmant Theme
StarLance

The other races are still in it for MULTIPLAYER's SAKE. You only see them in multiplayer. Other than that, it IS total conversion... All new weapons, ships, races, etc..

And I didn't know about the Grolk when I made The Rogue. The Rogue doesn't fit in with the plot of Ares, now that I know about them. I should have realized they fitted in the plot somehow before. Oh, well. So what if it's a paralel universe or something?

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

I will explain the "official" data to clear things up:

Long, long ago, there was a civilisation that had just achieved spaceflight. Eager to explore the vastness of space and to have the riches to be had, they launched a search for other civilizations. Unfortunately, they found none: all life was too primitive and had not even reached the space age.

Caught up in terrible loneliness, the Grolk created a single robotic intelligence, which spawned an entire race of machines. However these machines saw it their duty to purify the universe, to rid the worlds of this inferior civilisation. The Audemedons rose up against their masters and brought them to the brink of extinction.

While their entire civilisation was killed off, some say there are a few primitive refugee ships of the Grolk drifting through space.....

You can ask Nathan Lamont, he says it's true.

------------------
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Polaris Confederate Recruitmant Theme
StarLance