What Was Wrong With The Rogue?

I was just wondering. I'm almost to the point in Terran Wars where I'll be able to start making the plug itself, but I want to be sure not to make the same mistakes twice. Tell me anything at all you didn't like about the Rogue, and be honest... Just remember: the more you tell me, the less problems Terran Wars will have, and the more quality YOU will have to download. I've been working on this plug for two weeks so far, I'm expecting another month to a month and a half, and I don't want this plug to turn out to be a flop. So, what was wrong with The Rogue?

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

Some of the levels were impossible(Chapter 12) maybe you could make Terran Wars a bit easier? By the way, what is Terran Wars about?

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:36 PM

Mag, please don't make the levels any easier. Half the fun of 'The Rogue' was the fact it was so damn hard. Hell, you may want to make Terran Wars even harder 😉

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Stop Exploding you cowards!

Humm maybe ill try your rouge!

------------------
Mag Steelglass, an old friend who aild what cured me many times!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Kristina Agulara sucks!

I'm going to make Terran Wars just as hard as The Rogue, although I think that I made Level 12 a bit too hard. I might make one like that, except make it a secret level. Anyway, the way I see it, with Iron Fist and Black Seas, people worked on them for weeks and we can play them through in a day.

Terran Wars takes place a long time after Ares. The UNS government got corrupted, and conquered each other species in the galaxy, one by one. A rebellion sucessfully overran the government, and several countries were formed. However, there are still wars and piracy going on, and you are a commander for the Confederacy. It has all sorts of nifty stuff, including around 340 new ships (that isn't counting stations).

------------------

I beat rouge

------------------
Kristina Agulara sucks!

It was fine... except for the fact that either the fighters had a million shield points or the lasers were pathetically weak, maybe that was intentional... I also hated it when I had full shields, then I hit a single rock of debris and blew up.

------------------

Um, actually, could you not make Terran Wars take place in the Ares universe? I mean, these new plugs with radical new plots just seem to take away from the sleek coolness of the Ares universe, with people making outrageous new claims and introducing their own personal races that they are the supreme rulers of with infinite fleets and stuff.

Terran wars sounds like it would be a great Total Conversion, but it's just my opinion, and you can take it or leave it.

O well, I'm rambling again, I'd better stop-Slug

------------------
_After the Alien wars, our civilisation was left in the stone ages. The core worlds were supposedly decimated, yet I cannot shake the horrible feeling that something has survived. _

-Polaris Confederacy Admiral Canaron,
StarLance

This isn't any new race with infinite fleets. Humans just managed to conquer everbody else. And there are no infinite fleets. The Confederacy (the main good guys) are barely hanging by a thread... Anyway, I have to super-powerful governments, but they're both bad guys, and they are just high-quality ships, not infinite fleets.

------------------

Hellu are there any new sprites

------------------
Kristina Agulara sucks!

Ahh mag did u know that u can save some plugs as"optimized" that means that no one can open it up and cheat and go to the last level or did u already know thins?

------------------
Kristina Agulara sucks!

We are not idiots, Eminem.

------------------
He who loves the law will either die poor or mad.
-Alduran Proverb
StarLance

i have a problem with the rouge. Mine has a bug, I cant beat the first level. It wont let me, ill get 50 samples but then nothing happens. :frown:

------------------

Originally posted by EMINEM:
**Ahh mag did u know that u can save some plugs as"optimized" that means that no one can open it up and cheat and go to the last level or did u already know thins?

This is starting to get tedious.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could have devised it. On my command, we will line up our ships and fly straight into the enemy death-cannons clogging them with wreckage.

Actually, ENIMEM. It's possible to edit optimized files with Hera B6.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

Pyro, do you have the newest version? The first version had a bug where you couldn't beat the first level, but I fixed that one.

------------------

Well I tried you're plugin. And this is my opinion of:

Storyline: A little weak, if you use htjyiang's excellent What Comes Before chronicle thing, but altogether pretty good.

Levels: Well, it seems I have no complaints here, except for when the Ishimans say they add shielding to your rogue, and I got killed straight away by... a gaitori carrier (shudder). I think that last level gives some of what the generals during WWI must have felt at Gallipoli.

New Ships: Well all the new ships nowadays seem to be taken from A.G. kindly donation of 2 placeholder races. The addition of grolk ships was interesting (grolk light cruisers are pretty good!)

Errors: No real bugs in this that I encountered... an improvement from black seas.

I agree with the plot thing. I hadn't discovered hitjyangs "What Comes Before" when I made it.

And the Ishiman DO add shielding to the Rogue, it's just that they raise the shields from 400 to 650. Scary, huh?

Thanks on the ships. Their battlecruisers are actually better at close range combat, I've discovered.

And there isn't much to say about the bugs, I guess.

Thanks for your opinion.

And here's an update for Terran Wars:

It's gonna have a branching storyline with 30 missions on the shortest branch you can take. To give you an idea of the ships, I'm about halfway through making the new ones now, and I've got 348 so far. Each new race (6, in all) has its own advantages and disadvantages, so there is no "best" race. I'm also keeping all of the origional races in it, for multiplayer's sake. I'm going to add all of the new ship classes to the origional races, so that it will be more complete. And yes, that does include the Obish, Elejeetians, etc..

I think that's all. (Hey Slug: Is Starlance still better?)

------------------

(This message has been edited by Mag Steelglass (edited 09-24-2000).)

Wow! I can't wait!
------------------

(This message has been edited by Laguna (edited 09-24-2000).)

I can only say I think it was annoying when the Ishiman said they finally upgraded my shields (about a ways in) and I got killed when I hit a single piece of debris with full shields...

------------------