PoG plug-in help

Hi everyone.

First, Coldstone is really fun so far.

Second. I need some help with a plug-in I am fooling around with for PoG. I have created an NPC that appears in Fantrima that when I talk to her, she gives me an item of the type various that will teleport me to Kalixa's shop.

Everything works great up until the point I click on the leave button of Kalixa's shop. At that point, my screen fades to black and nothing else happens.

If I push the escape key on my keyboard, I am immediately back in Fantrima but it's like I have not talked to the NPC yet.

Obviously I have failed to enter all the necessary info in the Item Links Main sequence action windows for use/drop Item actions, but I haven't a clue what I need to add to have me come out on the grass in front of Kalixa's house when I leave the shop.

So far, all I have included in the Item use link main action sequence are:
Play sound (plays the teleport activate sound from the sound lib.)
teleport (this is set to Kalixa's shop.)

I have not entered any actions in the Drop action links window.

oh yeah, also, when I check my character inventory while visiting the shop, it shows the item I received from the NPC as still being part of my inventory even though I used it.

Can somebody help me out with what I need to do so that when I leave the shop my character ends up on the grass in front of Kalixa's house and the teleport item is no longer a part of my inventory?

Thanks for any assistance.

------------------
CRH

Looks like you need to teleport to xy coordinates on the map where she is. Then talk to her in the game to go into her shop.

------------------

Originally posted by jackg4:
**Looks like you need to teleport to xy coordinates on the map where she is. Then talk to her in the game to go into her shop.

Okay, I worked my way all the way of to Kalixa's island where her shop is.
I checked using the debug action d key to find out the world type and name: it read
m03, type 10.

I used this information for the teleport action in the item links main sequence action use teleport..

Tried it and instead of Kalixa's place, I ended up at the witchfinger tunnel map location. And I was frozen betweeen a rock and the water. Couldn't move my character. Checked my inventory and the item was gone, so some progress was being made.

So I went back and walked my way over to witchfinger tunnel from fantrima this time and used the debug d action key to check its location. It gave the exact same info as when I was at Kalixas house.....world name m03, type 10!

New Question: Is this an error on the part of the engine that both the witch finger tunnel and Kalixas place have the same map location of m03?

Anybody else able to offer a suggestion on hou I can get my character to be teleported to Kalixa's place.

------------------
CRH

(This message has been edited by ChristopherH (edited 01-21-2002).)

If you mean you were telported to just outside the witchfinger tunnel entrance, that's because it and Kalixa's house are on the same screen. They're seperated by sea but if you visit both and press your map button in either one you'll see they're on the same screen.

------------------

<snip>

New Question: Is this an error on the part of the engine that both the witch finger tunnel and Kalixas place have the same map location of m03?

Anybody else able to offer a suggestion on hou I can get my character to be teleported to Kalixa's place.

You need to know the (X,Y) coordinates on the map03 of Kalixa's place, and use a "Map position" event to change it before you Teleport (or otherwise you will end up at the same coordinates where you were before teleporting). To get the exact coordinates where to teleport to, read them using the debug plugin (which btw you can modify by adding more infos to be shown, simply modifying the dialog in the Plugin_DebugInfos event).

Hope this helps,

Alois

------------------

Originally posted by alois:
**You need to know the (X,Y) coordinates on the map03 of Kalixa's place, and use a "Map position" event to change it before you Teleport (or otherwise you will end up at the same coordinates where you were before teleporting). To get the exact coordinates where to teleport to, read them using the debug plugin (which btw you can modify by adding more infos to be shown, simply modifying the dialog in the Plugin_DebugInfos event).

Hope this helps,

Alois

Yeah, thanks for the reply. I finally figured out about the Map position requirement thing.
Now I only have one problem, the freezing, which I have addressed in another topic all by itself.

Everyone can just lets this topic die a rapid death until it slides of the screen out of sight.

Thanks again.

------------------
CRH