2 Map interface problems: please help!

I come across these two problems while editing the Map interface:
1. In Coldstone under Game Options: where is the Help Layout (the file linked via the question mark in POG)??? Can't find it, can't find the graphic either in the corresponding folder.
2. I created a new Map interface, using some transparency with an accompanying Map Mask. My interface does not cover the whole width of the screen, and has an additional little transparant area. Alas, if I give the game a trial run, the effect is very cool, BUT:
the tiles are not rendered correctly. They seem to be vertically mixed. When the player walks over them, they render normally.
Is this my fault? Is this a shortcoming of the Coldstone engine (meaning you have to use the whole width for a custom interface)?
I should add, that for the map to be seen next to the interface (i.e. the transparant part on the side) I enlarged the Game Area til the bottom of the screen, thus overlapping the Map interface. Keeping the Game area above the interface does not cause any rendering problems whatsoever.
Does anyone have any wise remarks or suggestions?

------------------
"Get back to work, you slacker!" - Duke Nukem

Originally posted by Wim:
**I come across these two problems while editing the Map interface:
1. In Coldstone under Game Options: where is the Help Layout (the file linked via the question mark in POG)??? Can't find it, can't find the graphic either in the corresponding folder.
2. I created a new Map interface, using some transparency with an accompanying Map Mask. My interface does not cover the whole width of the screen, and has an additional little transparant area. Alas, if I give the game a trial run, the effect is very cool, BUT:
the tiles are not rendered correctly. They seem to be vertically mixed. When the player walks over them, they render normally.
Is this my fault? Is this a shortcoming of the Coldstone engine (meaning you have to use the whole width for a custom interface)?
I should add, that for the map to be seen next to the interface (i.e. the transparant part on the side) I enlarged the Game Area til the bottom of the screen, thus overlapping the Map interface. Keeping the Game area above the interface does not cause any rendering problems whatsoever.
Does anyone have any wise remarks or suggestions?

Hello-
Man, Coldstone is out only a day, and I'm already getting questions over my head!
(not what you want to hear from tech support eh? 😉

Fortunately, the guys at beenox are a great team of developers. I'll point them in your direction and see if they have an answer for you. Thanks for your patience, and I'll be back shortly.

------------------
David Dunham / tech support / Ambrosia Software, Inc.

Originally posted by David Dunham:
**Hello-
Man, Coldstone is out only a day, and I'm already getting questions over my head!
(not what you want to hear from tech support eh? 😉

We are enthouastically working with Coldstone, and want to know it all!

Fortunately, the guys at beenox are a great team of developers. I'll point them in your direction and see if they have an answer for you. Thanks for your patience, and I'll be back shortly.

Yes please

------------------

My problem no. 2 is now solved!
Under the Game Options menu, I have changed the layout of the Map interface and Game area, as I told before. The rendering problem is now solved because I moved the Game area to the back, using the button in that specific editing dialog.
This works fine!
So interface elements can have any shape whatsoever, using PNG formats with transparency. I made a few full screen size, so interface elements can be above the game area or anywhere else on the screen.
The (invisible) button or text input areas can only be rectangles though, but I can fake that.

I'd still like an answer to problem no.1, it's quite a strange omission, I think.

------------------