Registration

I have a Mac and a PC. I want to be able to use Coldstone on both (as I use different platforms for different things... macs for graphics, PCs for sound editing, etc). But I don't want to pay twice. will this be possible? I won't be using both at the same time, of course, so it doesn't seem to be out of licence terms, but someone mentioned Ambrosia was using hardware profile codes like microsoft, so I wondered.

Amorya

------------------

IMO:

You shouldn't even worry about using it on 2 computers. Unless you only have access to one of the computers at certain times in the day, I'd say you should only work on one computer. It's really easy to lose track of your latest versions of saved work.

------------------
I'm also a participant, I'm also a mod, and I complained to myself.
—htjyang

Originally posted by Madman:
**IMO:

You shouldn't even worry about using it on 2 computers. Unless you only have access to one of the computers at certain times in the day, I'd say you should only work on one computer. It's really easy to lose track of your latest versions of saved work.

Not neccesarily. If he uses one computer as a file server, and the other one reads off that, it should be very easy to keep hold of files, as their's only one of that file!

As for using the same serial on two computers, that's a tricky one. Companies like Adobe and Macromedia, require you to have a different serial per computer the software is simultaneously installed on. I'm not sure how ambrosia will handle this, we'll have to wait and see I'm afraid.

------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you at
Birdland this evening. A recording for Blue Note Records...

"Actions have reactions, don't be quick to judge, you may not know the hardships people don't speak of,
It's best to step back, and observe with couth, for we all must meet our moment of truth." - (url="http://"http://www.OHHLA.com/anonymous/gngstarr/moment/moment.gsr.txt")Guru(/url)

Originally posted by the Necromicon:
**Not neccesarily. If he uses one computer as a file server, and the other one reads off that, it should be very easy to keep hold of files, as their's only one of that file!

As for using the same serial on two computers, that's a tricky one. Companies like Adobe and Macromedia, require you to have a different serial per computer the software is simultaneously installed on. I'm not sure how ambrosia will handle this, we'll have to wait and see I'm afraid.

You're right, it's all networked. I'll probably keep stuff on my Mac, but for some things I prefer to use the PC.

Amorya