Multiple Charachters/AI

Dear Ambrosia Software,

I was wondering if the Coldstone Game Engine would have Multiple Charachter Support, like in "Sonic Adventure" for Sega Dreamcast, which you could choose a charachter in the beginning and each charachter had a different story.

I was also wondering if it would have raiseable creatures that could fight such as in "Pokemon" for Gameboy Color, where you could catch the creatures in the wild and fight them with other creatures, and the more you fight them, the better your creature would get. Also, could your charachter gain levels & stats like in most RPGs?

------------------
John Ballentine

Ummm... I forgot what else I was going to say...

------------------
John Ballentine

1. The idea of choosing a character at the beginning of the game would be highly doable, although you would have to write the game for each character, maybe with interlocking plots, or maybe not. Some of the potential CS users seem to want to make games like that.

2. I'm not sure, but even if you could do it(I'm not saying you can't - I wouldn't have a clue), it's highly over-used and not even slightly original anymore. But, if you want to try, don't let me discourage you.

3. As far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong), CS uses levels and experience points in pretty much every game that will be made with it. You can probably have custom stats(I haven't heard or seen enough to know for sure here), ie things beyond health and mana, such as speed, dexterity, vitality, etc. that affect your character's developments.

Awesome, well thanx, I appreciate the reply. You're right the creature raising is overdone, but what I'm thinking of is your horse or whatever use of transportation. Ie a dragon that has stats. Oh well, new ideas emerge at the thought of coldstone, it's power and abilities are so amazing and fun. There's endless possibilities.

Thanx, John

------------------
Hey, Stay tooned for the most fun game created by Coldstone! By, J. Ballentine

Originally posted by Demon:
1) The idea of choosing a character at the beginning of the game would be highly doable, although you would have to write the game for each character, maybe with interlocking plots, or maybe not. Some of the potential CS users seem to want to make games like that.

Would you need a separate application for each character?

------------------
I'm just your average run-of-the-mill demon possessed, bloodsucking, headhunting, cold-blooded, hot-headed, pyromaniac.
My name is Legion, for we are many.

Originally posted by spitfire:
**Would you need a separate application for each character?

No, but it would make it a lot easier for both players and programmer(s).

For players because they could choose to download only one storyline at a time,
and for programmer(s) because they would not have to set events to only trigger(or trigger a certain way) if x variable has y value(x being the variable attached to the player's character choice, and the value being the "ID#" of the choice they made).

I personally would go with separate applications unless you had to have fairly frequent character changes(ie, switch from character from character to have two plots in one that intersect at various points). But don't listen to me babbling all night. Get some sleep. Heaven knows we all need it.

Originally posted by spitfire:
**Would you need a separate application for each character?

no. there are no other applications...

------------------
"" hustles $5 cd's on the side
Hand Drawn graphics are beautiful
"go fall on something sharp"

Believe it or not, but I believe most of what Mouse has said to be accurate. 🙂

------------------
People who claim the sky is falling obviously aren't aware the earth is falling, too.
--
"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" --Benjamin Franklin.

(This message has been edited by sanehatter (edited 09-16-2001).)

(quote)Originally posted by sanehatter:
**Believe it or not, but I believe most of what Mouse has said to be accurate.:D

Originally posted by chill_rx:
**no. there are no other applications...

Erm, I don't think that's what he meant, chill.