CSGE Soon?

This is just rampant speculation ....
:dons haz-mat suit:...
:as an afterthought, covers self in fire-retardant chemicals:...

Th CS POTD is from the documentation, and logic dictates that this would be one of the last things created. So, does this mean CS is almost ready? (Feel free to lock this topic, I really shouldn't have asked, but alas, I did)

------------------
The legend of Zelda, while a good insomnia cure, is NOT an rpg.

I suppose it all depends upon your definition of "soon." 😉

------------------
Money is not the root of all evil, Jar Jar Binks is.

"On a long enough timeline, the life expectancy for everyone drops to zero."

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

(quote)Originally posted by samuraicat:
**I suppose it all depends upon your definition of "soon.":p

------------------
The legend of Zelda, while a good insomnia cure, is NOT** an rpg.

Slightly off topic - I notice that a lot of people here are talking about games that they are already developing. Does this mean that the beta testers (of whom there must be quite a few - how many total?) are working on all these games (and, probably, plugins to PoG, which I just registered)? And if so - can/will any of these games be released before the engine itself is released, or would that violate the beta agreement? I wouldn't mind seeing what a normal, non-game-designer, non-programmer could come up with in a few weeks. PoG is certainly a good salestool for the engine, but I would like to see something really different just to get an idea of how flexible it is. Seems like there would be more work to do making the animation and artwork than anything else, if Coldstone is as good as it sounds at assembling the action/story/script etc.

hundertwasser@yahoo.com

I doubt you will even see screenshots of games the testers are working on until after the engine is released. As for seeing something really different, well, I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised.

------------------
People who claim the sky is falling obviously aren't aware the earth is falling, too.

Originally posted by hundertwasser@yahoo.com:
I wouldn't mind seeing what a normal, non-game-designer, non-programmer could come up with in a few weeks.

Heh, I'm not sure if I'd want to see how good it looked... 😜 Actually, I think I could put something pretty cool together in a couple months.

------------------
Fortress of Die Nacht: An upcoming game from Aviary Productions.
(url="http://"http://www.aviaryproductions.f2s.com/downloads.html")Go take a look!(/url)

Originally posted by sanehatter:
I doubt you will even see screenshots of games the testers are working on until after the engine is released.

I don't see why not. Certainly, screenshots containing any part of the Coldstone interface would be right out, but an "in-game" shot wouldn't show anything that PoG doesn't already, right?

...Of course, maybe you just meant that in the sense that even the testers won't have anything even vaguely close to release before the engine is finished, in which case I agree completely. 🙂

...On the third hand, I've already got ideas for two or three PoG plugs which would likely be quite simple to put together. I wonder if I'd be allowed to release them if Coldstone is still in beta when they're finished.

------------------
Sometimes I think we're alone.
Sometimes I think we're not.
In either case, the thought is quite staggering.
--R. Buckminster Fuller