Scrolling/Framerate

I was checking out the demo movie of PoG, and it brought up a question for me. How is the framerate of animations and the scrolling when you are moving throughout the world? From the demo movie it seems a bit jerky, but I thought perhaps this may be just due to perhaps how Snapz Pro makes movies.

Any info would be much appreciated.

-Elektrix

------------------

Keep in mind that when that movie was made, the engine hadn't been optimized all that much.

------------------
Apple Computer - The name of microsoft's research and development division
--------------------------------

Yes, that PoG movie was made in an older copy of the beta, the next version will be much more optimized and smoother.

------------------
Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know we have something special for you at
Birdland this evening. A recording for Blue Note Records...

Let's take it back to the concrete streets, original beats and real live MC's...
"We find it hard to strike a good balance between reality and fun. The reason being? Reality is often not fun." - _pipeline

that recording was also deceptive. even at the time of it's filming, PoG wasn't anywhere near that choppy.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

jmitchell- so I'm assuming you're a beta tester?

yes. this question really should have been on the PoG board, where all the posters are testers... 😉

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

This question was posted here because it was a question about the coldstone engine, not anything specific about PoG. It happened to be a demo movie of PoG, but my question is not about what PoG's scrolling and graphics are like, it was if that was what all coldstone created games would be like. From people's responses it sounds like that demo movie was fairly out of date, and coldstone doesn't have those issues any more, which is a big relief.

------------------

Originally posted by Elektrix:
This question was posted here because it was a question about the coldstone engine, not anything specific about PoG. It happened to be a demo movie of PoG, but my question is not about what PoG's scrolling and graphics are like, it was if that was what all coldstone created games would be like.

hey, I'm just joking around (check the 🙂 )about the testers being the only people who post on the PoG board. your question was fine where it was.

------------------
-Jedi

Ooops, sorry about that.....didn't make the connection between the smiley and the statement.

I'm really looking forward to this development system becoming available. It's very exciting to think of the potential of having the tools to create an RPG/Adventure type of game.

------------------