Game Theme

(Originally posted by Beeblebrox:
**Are you allowed to put the game from a Macaddict tutorial on your website?

Legally? Probably. I mean, it's not like they said in the tutorial: "By the way, all games made from this tutorial are Š and ™ Imagine Media, and if you publish them in any way we will sue your ass" not did they?

Anyways.... is his game any good?

I wonder how this thread got so off topic???

-Andiyar

<Edited for UBB Error>
------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

(This message has been edited by Tarnćlion Andiyarus (edited 06-27-2001).)

Originally posted by Tarnćlion Andiyarus:
I wonder how this thread got so off topic???

About the moment when you all consciously decided
:: Off sync voice over::
"don't talk about crouching tiger that way...i will defend its honor"

------------------
€burned bridges, bruised toes and hurt feelings..3 things commonly left in my wake...
€I won't dignify that with a reply...
€I do this not out of bitter rage but out of fun... at your expense...
€Don't bother I'm not not going to read it anyway...

(This message has been edited by chill_rx (edited 06-27-2001).)

Would a Matrix type game be possible? with very toned down effects and moves perhaps? if someone already thought of this plz tell me....i'm brand new to this webboard.

(insert cheesy intro here)
for the sake of everyone new on the webboards, I will try to clear up a few things. The theme of a game is the motif in which it is designed (although some might link it also to a certain message in the plot). Like anything else, the theme is portrayed through certain aesthetic principles. Since you can use your own graphics in coldstone, any theme is possible, the matrix, old west, classical china... however, game play is determined be certain FEATURES which coldstone will have, so that it's entirely possible to design a game that looks and feels like the matrix (insert bad reference to the movie here), even though the charater may not be able to walk up the walls of the bank in your game. Therefore it is possible to do whatever theme you would like, and that is what this topic is for (i guess) to discuss themes. As for features, that's what the CS webboard is supposed to talk about (also try the faq).
(start rant)
oh yeah, as a side note, I don't think proper analysis of the Crouching Tiger ending has been given so I'm just going to have to bust out my Asian history stick on you all. It's my guess that crouching tiger, in trying to go after the theme of classical China (i'm not sure what era, because it's not really my country) went for a story that compared to the type of tales written around the same era. Since China had very strong Buddhist ties, and because most things influenced by Buddhism tend to lean towards the somber, everyone dies sort of side of things (try reading "The song of everlasting sorrow" by Po Chu-i), the movie had to reflect this. It's sort of like having the Godfather without a scene in a Catholic church.
(end rant)
sorry, so yeah, anything's possible

atsumori
-------
this space for rent

------------------

Clever event scripting coupled with fluid graphics can make anything possible, even walking on walls.

Saphfire

------------------