Excerpt from my game, Empathy

Here's the introduction to my game, we haven't done these quote things in quite some time. They were a lot of fun so I thought I'd restart the trend 🙂
-------
Slowly, the cat blinked his eyes open. Although it was midnight in an unlit royal chamber, the cat could see perfectly. The princess was still asleep, in her tiny cradle near the center of the room.
A creak of footsteps warned the cat of someone on the window ledge. Instantly the cat went into Shadowform, and became invisible. The person in the window leapt soundlessly to the center of the room. Something was wrong. The person seemed weightless, staying in the air unnaturally long.
FLASH
A young elven woman with elaborate hair and torn clothing appeared in the cat's mind.
FLASH
The person reached into the cradle, neatly picking up the baby princess. The cat's eyes thinned in anger. A bolt of darkness shot from the cat's eyes to the figure, knocking the person over.
FLASH
The young elven woman again.
FLASH
The figure stood up, the baby still in hand. The cat pulled with it's mind, removing the princess from the person's hands. The baby floated out of his reach, near the ceiling.
FLASH
A "human" man with large eyes, no hair, and lines running along his body appears in the cat's mind.
FLASH
The figure jumped an inch into the air, and instead of landing, kept going up, expertly grabbing the princess. The man landed, and looked about, trying to discern what was causing him so much trouble.
The cat became visible for a second, and then went back to ShadowForm, confusing the thief. Another bolt of blackness struck the man, sending him to his knees while the cat telekinetically grabbed the princess. With the baby in tow, the cat fled the room through the window, leaping to what surely should have been his doom. The cat teleported himself and the still sleeping princess to the top of a nearby tree.
FLASH
A young elven man appeared, an Angelic woman at his side.
FLASH
The thief jumped from the window of the princess's room, and walked on air over to the tree. The cat, now visible, snarled at the thief. The tiny snarl changed into a fully fledged roar as the cat changed into the form of a Guardian Lion. The cat's bird-like wings formed a wall between the baby and the thief, the cat's eyes glaring daggers at the thief.
The thief backflipped and floated a good distance away from the cat. Arcane words flowed from his mouth as a spell was formed. The cat sensed what was coming and began countercasting the spell. Too late.
FLASH
The young elven woman appeared again, this time her elaborate but wild hair was worn like an elven queen, and she wore the silks of royalty.
FLASH
Everything went black, the cat was defeated, but not killed.
------------

ok that's it. feedback?

------------------
"What--"
"Don't worry. You're not going to die"

what does "FLASH" mean? quick cuts between opposing shots in a cinematic?

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

yes
a flash of light, as it were

------------------
"Ethos..Lusec..Wecos..Venosec"

gotcha. nice intro (I'm not sure what any of it means , but I'll just file it under "cool" until I see the real thing in your game). Are you planning on doing that whole intro as a 3D (or 2D...) cinematic, or use the in-house animation editor to do 16-bit style cutscenes?

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

that I have yet to decide.. In house 16 bit cutscene thingy?
did I read that wrong or is there a cutscene thing included? hmm

------------------
"Ethos..Lusec..Wecos..Venosec"

In-game cutscenes per sé, you can make event driven events that trigger animations and special effects to dictate the story, much like the 16 - bit console games, where the computer took control and made you walk up to talk to the king and then slay the guard.

Saphfire

------------------

sounds good, cuz I have never ever made a cutscene before... well in starcraft.. anyways

------------------
"...Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

Originally posted by Lorenoth:
**yes
a flash of light, as it were

FLASH freeze...as it were . Com'on I mean you completely ripped off the title from FlairInteractive BOO ,hiss

------------------
"1,2,3,4...Even with a D*** in ya ear you still couldn't F*** with my sound" ~Xzibit

Originally posted by chill_rx:
**FLASH freeze...as it were . Com'on I mean you completely ripped off the title from FlairInteractive BOO ,hiss

what's FlairIneractive? and are u talking about the title, Empathy?
It isn't finalized what the title of my game is, and if Empathy is used then i'll make it different, plz tell me chill, any thing would help.

Even if your feedback is excessively negative 😄

------------------

::Ions charge, air ripples::

-29°

Empathy - empathogen

www.darkdragon.com/gmg/ ...look hard

------------------
"1,2,3,4...Even with a D*** in ya ear you still couldn't F*** with my sound" ~Xzibit

Originally posted by chill_rx:
**::Ions charge, air ripples::

-29°

Empathy - empathogen

www.darkdragon.com/gmg/ ...look hard

ok so I checked out the download section, and saw empathogen there. I will not waste my time downloading it however. And let me get something straight, you're saying Empathy is a rip off of Empathogen. Ok I see the EMP, but that could mean electro-magnetic pulse right? not feeling other peoples thoughts, pain, and joy. maybe I'm totally off on this, but I'm getting the idea that chill, who is afraid to say anything positive, decides to start pulling random criticizms out of his anal-retentive ass, just to give himself the feeling that he is somehow better than all of us. why? because you spam with a vengeance?

------------------