Several Questions...

First of all can we make our own spell resistances, instead of the typical lightning, cold, chemical, and fire?

Can we include status changing effects, such as paralysis, bedazzlement, confusion, sleep, etc...?

I know that we can make abilities available to some classes as they progress in level, but do they automatically recieve these abilities? Or do they have to train for them somewhere or can you decide this?

For spells, is it possible to make someone pick up an item, access it in their inventory, and then make the item disappear, and grant them the ability to use a certain spell?

Is it possible to say, command click(or right click for us people with special mouses) on an item in the inventory screen to read more about it or will their be a special section of the inventory dedicated to descriptions?

------please forgive me if ithese questions have been asked before------

------------------
"What--"
"Don't worry. You're not going to die"

Good point, I would certainly like to set my own resistances and stuff because I find that these are rarely any good.

:)Pad

------------------

Originally posted by Lorenoth:
**First of all can we make our own spell resistances, instead of the typical lightning, cold, chemical, and fire?

Can we include status changing effects, such as paralysis, bedazzlement, confusion, sleep, etc...?

I know that we can make abilities available to some classes as they progress in level, but do they automatically recieve these abilities? Or do they have to train for them somewhere or can you decide this?

For spells, is it possible to make someone pick up an item, access it in their inventory, and then make the item disappear, and grant them the ability to use a certain spell?

Is it possible to say, command click(or right click for us people with special mouses) on an item in the inventory screen to read more about it or will their be a special section of the inventory dedicated to descriptions?

I'm not sure about special resistances...

Yes, you can use status effects.

I think you can chose whichever way you'd like to distribute abilities.

Yes, you can have items, that when used, teach a character a new skill or spell.

I'm not sure about right-clicking, but you can add descriptions to items that can be displayed in one way or another.

Saphfire

------------------

one more question for now........

For missiles attacks, such as fireballs or icebolts or whatnot, can you just fire them anywhere so that they continue in that direction without a target, or do you need to specify a target for them?
Here's an example.
Kythorn fires an IceDart Spell at the GrimLord who is standing at the far end of the clearing. A Grimling walks by, and the bolt strikes the Grimling instead, because the Grimling happened to get in the way of the IceDart Spell.

is this possible, kinda the way missile attacks worked in Diablo2?

Or will the IceDart pass through the Grimling to hit its original target?

------------------
"What--"
"Don't worry. You're not going to die"

**First of all can we make our own spell resistances, instead of the typical lightning, cold, chemical, and fire?

Since you make your own interface, what you read in the editor might be "fire", but in the game it could be called "laser".

------------------
"Let´s not bicker and argue about who killed who.
This is supposed to be a happy occasion."

**one more question for now........

For missiles attacks, such as fireballs or icebolts or whatnot, can you just fire them anywhere so that they continue in that direction without a target, or do you need to specify a target for them?
Here's an example.
Kythorn fires an IceDart Spell at the GrimLord who is standing at the far end of the clearing. A Grimling walks by, and the bolt strikes the Grimling instead, because the Grimling happened to get in the way of the IceDart Spell.

is this possible, kinda the way missile attacks worked in Diablo2?

Or will the IceDart pass through the Grimling to hit its original target?

I too was wondering about that, and unfortunately have no answer. Adding to this, will a spell's path be determined solely on animation, or can it have a logical or mathematical function to it?

For example, I fire lightning bird one, which shoots out a dove shaped blast. I target an enemy northwest of mine. Will I have to make individual animations for each direction, or can one animation be set on a specific path?

Saphfire

------------------