Coldstone potentials

I have recently been considering using the Coldstone developement engine (when it comes out)to create an RPG based on the discworld series of books. It would have the whole of the disc to explore and characters such as Barbarians, Wizards, Witches, Assasins etc.. would be used. I think this idea has great potential because of the excellence of this series of books. If there are any discworld fans out there reading this I would welcome any Ideas.

Thanks,

Pad :- Patrickmail@another.com

------------------

He is here...

::steps out of the shadows,reads the post::

Y awn...

::dissapates::

He is gone...?

------------------
"1,2,3,4...Even with a D*** in ya ear you still couldn't F*** with my sound" ~Xzibit

Great idea, especially for a personal project, to base it on something you know. However, this severely limits marketing prowess to nil, as you cannot distribute the game, especially commercially, or for profit (MAYBE freeware).

Saphfire

------------------

This is my personal experience, (take it or leave it), but making a game from someone else's ideas (especially a book) can be very hard, frusterating, and entirely too much work for what it's worth. Consider that your personal perception of the book and its characters is probably different than everyone else's. It's like that for everyone, for every book ever written. You'll likely get many complaining fans. And a complaining publisher, who owns the copyright to the ideas contained within the books.
Sigh.
Makes making your own story sound kinda lazy, don't it?

Yes, it might be more trouble than it's worth for a marketed game, but it could also be a fun excursion as a mere hobby or side project for personal pleasure, as reading often launches avenues of imagination.

Saphfire

------------------