How tough will event scripting be?

Being as you have stated that programming is not needed, I would expect the editor to be very easy and intuitive, am I correct in this assumption? How will events be scripted? Will we have drag and drop tags, or something easier? How complex can it be? Am I just rambling on with no idea what I have in mind since I haven't seen the engine since b8.1 B.A.?

Saphfire

------------------

I'll go ahead and state that I find CGE's event scripting fairly straightforward. If you can write a Photoshop Action, a semi-complex email filter/action, or could write an Applescript or a Javascript routine, CGE's event editor shouldn't threaten you at all.

You are going to need to get a feel for how to implement something, and unfortunately discussions on that have been rather sparce at this point. I imagine that shortly after CGE's release, however, people will be sharing CGE tricks like they do for making EV plugins.

------------------
People who claim the sky is falling obviously aren't aware the earth is falling, too.

Originally posted by sanehatter:
People who claim the sky is falling obviously aren't aware the earth is falling, too.

AHHH!!! The earth is falling! The earth is FALLING!!!

Hey, that would make a nifty game setting - you have to repair the spells that keep the earth afloat before it falls into the sun (or some variation). The longer you wait the hotter it gets, until eventually everything dies. That would probably require a lot of scripting, especially if there were things you could do to slow the fall to give yourself more time to try to stop it...

------------------
(Insert Signature Here)

Originally posted by saphfire:
**Being as you have stated that programming is not needed, I would expect the editor to be very easy and intuitive, am I correct in this assumption? How will events be scripted? Will we have drag and drop tags, or something easier? How complex can it be? Am I just rambling on with no idea what I have in mind since I haven't seen the engine since b8.1 B.A.?

Saphfire

It's extremely easy to do.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Originally posted by andrew:
**It's extremely easy to do.

Great, because I plan on using extensive variable scripting and if/then routines, yet I am not comfortable with any programming languages (from lack of time and enthusiasm).

Saphfire

------------------

I can do almost anything(within the limits of the editor of course) with the Starcraft game editor. I understand the triggers, can set up locations, etc. I thought that editor was really easy to understand. Could anyone who's used the CGE and the StarCraft campaign creator tell me which one is easier, or if they think I could get the hang of CGE? I still haven't figured out the Myth2 editor though...

------------------
"Silence, Dog! Your only purpose is to die by my hand."

Event scripting is pretty easy, it is also very fast. If you can use staredit you shouldn't have a problem with coldstone.

------------------
Apple Computer - The name of microsoft's research and development division
--------------------------------
Make sure you visit the Coldstone Hotline Server run by GlueBubble. The IP is: