Just how far can we go?

Ok so it hasn't been decided if we can add characters to be in our party...
But technically, if someone was desperate they could simply make an NPC that would follow the protagonist(there's a nice word for ya') around and heal them or whatever, implementing complex AI scripts. You couldn't "control" the NPC, but it would still be in your party. We can add NPC's after all.
Another thing, say you have an arrow flying towards you. If you have been enchanted with some sort of fast movement, or already move fast enough, and you move aside, will the arrow move to follow you like in Baldur's Gate and Warcraft2 or will it fall harmlessly to the ground, like in Myth TFL or Soulblighter? Can we make it do one or the other? Because I am sick of having my hasted wizards dodge to the side only to have the arrow TURN and follow them.

------------------
"How can you hope to command them? They are the Ikthey, they do not submit,"
--Talia, speaking to Wilanthor

Originally posted by Lorenoth:
**Because I am sick of having my hasted wizards dodge to the side only to have the arrow TURN and follow them.

Now THAT'S disturbing...
Almost as disturbing as THIS...
Posted Image

------------------
They say it's mostly vanity that writes the plays we act--
They tell me thats what everybody knows.
There's no such thing as sanity, and thats the sanest fact--
Thats the way the story goes...

(This message has been edited by GameFanatic (edited 01-28-2001).)

I thought somebody said you could add NPCs to your party and control them, then again it might have been my imagination.

------------------
Was it the Chad?
--------------------------------
Make sure you visit the Coldstone Hotline Server run by GlueBubble. The IP is:

as far as i know it was your imagination.
Posted Image
------------------
They say it's mostly vanity that writes the plays we act--
They tell me thats what everybody knows.
There's no such thing as sanity, and thats the sanest fact--
Thats the way the story goes...

(This message has been edited by GameFanatic (edited 01-28-2001).)

I would assume that there would be a party system. I remember someone stressing the words Full Featured RPG system. What RPG would be complete without a party? Another thing which I go by, (though this has no real merit, it's just something I think to comfort myself) is that if it is in Cythera, it will be possible in CS. Does sound logical to anyone else?:p

------------------
He stood, paralysed as the beauty of the pattern unfolded under pressure, the hectic chaos forming designs more intricate then the smallest smile.

I was probably the one pushing the "full featured editor" thing. As for your logic, well, it doesn't seem very iron but lets keep hoping.

------------------
Was it the Chad?

game fanatic's smiles are indeed disturbing. But sidewinding arrows do rank high in my "piss the pants" list. You could almost see Xzar wet himself as that throwing axe decided to follow him around the corner. I just hope that missile weapons won't be seekers unless someone tells them to.

Target detected........... locked on........

------------------
"Oh....Talia is it? What a....a pleasant surprise. I did not expect---"
"Neither did your guards--- judging by the look of shock pasted on their lifeless faces"

Heat seeking axes! Ugh I hate stuff like that. Anybody remember archers and axemen in WCII? They could shoot at something and the target could move out of the way but it would still hit! Of coure, blizzard made it so ballistas and cannon towers shots were not heat seeking. Why do you think this is?

------------------
Was it the Chad?

well Elves and Trolls are SOOOO perfect and all. It only makes sense.
BAH.
But I do love the effect of catapaults being able to miss, I usually made levels with catas on each side of a canyon, and you have to scoot on through with a mage or something.
Well enough chatter about that...
I still want to know if we get the actually missing animation, where it falls harmlessly to the ground where the target was, or if it follows the target and then disappears, not causing damage.
It being an arrow of course(or a photon blast from one of those Dragoons)

------------------
"Oh....Talia is it? What a....a pleasant surprise. I did not expect---"
"Neither did your guards--- judging by the look of shock pasted on their lifeless faces"

Originally posted by Mashish:
**Another thing which I go by, (though this has no real merit, it's just something I think to comfort myself) is that if it is in Cythera, it will be possible in CS.

honestly, not a comforting thought. I shudder every time I am forced to remenice about my Cythera days and the horrendous path finding capabilities of my party members. So, hopefully, anything that is in Cythera, it will be possible to do FAR BETTER in CS. But I catch your drift.

...shudder...

Jedi

------------------