Quick question....

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but can we specify independent values for the height and width for the movement tiles? This would (should it be supported) allow us to make a (somewhat) "3D" feel to our games without having to muck about with real 3D code.

-Andrew

------------------
If God dropped acid, would he see people?

Sweet. That will make my game look a whole lot cooler.

-Andrew

------------------
If God dropped acid, would he see people?

Originally posted by the Necromicon:
**Yup, you can specify the x and y size of the tiles.

I think you misled Servak. He asked if the x,y values can be set independently. The answer to that (all the way back to the public betas from Beenox) is no. The movement tiles must be 'square'.

Skip

------------------
...it wasn't me...

Originally posted by SkipMeier:
**I think you misled Servak. He asked if the x,y values can be set independently. The answer to that (all the way back to the public betas from Beenox) is no. The movement tiles must be 'square'.

Skip

OOOPS!

Sorry, I misread Servack's question! Necro, you are right. Movement tiles needn't be square.

Ground Tiles must be square.

My error.

Skip

------------------
...it wasn't me...

Wait... what is the difference between ground tiles and movement tiles?

------------------
Placeholder Signature

Originally posted by Madman:
**Wait... what is the difference between ground tiles and movement tiles?

The term 'movement tile' is somewhat misleading. What is actually done with movement tiles is just laying out the playing field/map in a 'grid' that determines the movement of the PC much as squares/*gons on a gameboard.

Ground tiles, on the other hand, are the actual graphic images that create the illusion of 'place' to the player. They are the pieces of the (square) jigsaw puzzle. They make up the 'picture' on the game board upon/under which is the 'movement' grid.

Skip

------------------
...it wasn't me...