Scripting

Good to see there is support for conditional branches 😉

One thing I'm curious about, is the ability to change object graphics going to be included in the scripting language? I'm not thinking anything complex.
An example would be (not knowing the syntax of course):
if(player.location == uberSecretPanelLocation) {
eliteTreasureChest.graphic = 'treasure_open';
}

This seems like a 'simple' addition to the scripting engine and it would seemingly allow alot of flexibility.

One of the things that intrigues me about Neverwinter Nights' scripting system is that its possible to do things like script one's own little mini-games. And having object graphic switching would allow someone to hack similar (if not nearly so complex) mini-games into their rpg. An example would be a card game in a tavern. You could change the screen background to a closeup of a table, hide the player character, and make the objects on the screen cards.

Of course, if there is no variable support or persistance of state in the engine then all of this is rather moot. 🙂

Any clarifying comments from folks 'in the know' would rock.

------------------
------ Les -------
------------------

Well, shoot.

Seems this has already been answered in the 'Plugins' thread. Admittedly I don't know how it is possible to do a mini-game but it looks like it is. Good enough for me 🙂

Sorry for the spam.

------------------
------ Les -------
------------------