Do i have too have Stuffit Deluxe too expand ares scenarios?

well do i?
Every time i try too expand anything i Download off the ares Addons site it tells me that i need deluxe or droppstuff both of which you have too buy and i dont want too. what is going on did everyone else buy Stuffit Deluxe am i just a freak who doesent have it?

------------------
"Learn about art captian,
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
at the fist battle of his
campaig

That's odd- You shouldn't need Stuffit Deluxe. Try downloading the latest Stuffit Expander from Aladdin. That might solve your problem.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

i treid installing the latest version from this months MacAddict but it still said i needed Deluxe or Dropstuff whatever that is

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaig

As far as I know, dropstuff is only for recompressing files, not expanding them, and to use the Ares files you should only need Stuffit 5.4.1. Although that may be the message you get when you try and expand a corrupted file....

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

Being the crafty sod I am, i've held on to my copy of aladdin dropstuff for around a year without paying for it!

You can download dropstuff with the expander enhancer at the aladdin site, and you don't even need to supply your name and email address. Believe it or not, it's free (provided you don't have a concience)

This could help, but maybe you'll need the newest expander too.

Best of luck...

------------------
"A person needs change. Without change something within us sleeps and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -Duke Leto Atreides (Dune)

the easiest way to solve your problem is when it says that you shoul open stuffit expander. From there click expand and choose the document u want expanded. It will force unstuufit and there u go...
A new ares senario

------------------

i have the lasteest stuffit expander 5.5 so that takes care of that problem so i will try pyros metod if that doeent work well i dont know

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaig

it wont let me Expand the file.

i did what you said pyro but the file i want too expand isnt there for me too expand i go too my ares addon folder ican clearly see that its in the folder, but its not there for me to expand whats the deal? has everyone else been able too play the gaitoVSObish plug (thats the current one but i havent been able too play any of the ares addons. and im getting very frusterated

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaig

um...................................................

well.........................

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................

I have the gatori obish plug. and if u cant play it your not missing much.
but if u really want to play it make sure it has the right icon on your desktop. it should look like a document with a little cruiser on top of it once its unstuffed. but i dont know what it looks like still stuffed (could someone help me here) but i could also e-mail u gatori vs obain.

------------------

are there any new Obish ships in it?

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaig

Ummm...wow. I think what you need to do is to look at the options it gives you in that pop-up window. One of them is either 'ok' or "unstuff". Either way, it SHOULD unstuff the file. If not, let me know...

~Idiot_box

------------------
Insanity is like a shotgun loaded with warm, buttered bread. It doesn't make any sense, but it sure is funny to see...

it wont i cant even see the file in the popupbox, there are no options that will let me unstuff it

------------------
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
campaig

I think you have a serious problem in your copy of Stuffit Expander. I'd suggest contacting Aladdin's Technical Support.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy