EV/EVO Newswire: Extra Ships 1.3 on the horizon

I'm pleased to announce that I will be working on a new version of Extra Ships that should be ready to download in a few weeks. My main goal for the update is to resolve a few of the "blank spots"- mainly weapon/ship descriptions and those ugly green X's that serve as weapons PICTs. Don't expect anything too exciting, most of the graphics will be recycled (for instance, PICTs for the Swivel Laser Cannon are likely just going to be recycled shots of the regular Laser Cannon). However, a few changes to the data should be expected. I'm thinking about making the Forklift cost about 5.0m credits (sorry folks, the Forklift is WAY too inexpensive in ES 1.2.1) and I'm also considering beefing up the Hawk (a "new model" perhaps? I feel that the Hawk is really unexciting as is in 1.2.1...). I'm trying to keep this as true to the original costs and settings as possible, but I also want Extra Ships to be more exciting at the same time.

Hopefully Extra Ships 1.3 will achieve my original goal; to seemlessly blend previously unattainable items into the game so that it doesn't look or feel like you're really using a plugin.

Comments, questions, or suggestions can all be sent to blosse9@idt.net.

-Erich Blossey