GTW 38

Damn it, I can only defend myself so many times. mrxak.

Why are people so slooooow?

If it's not too late... mrxak.

_The man in Washington polled the votes of the screens. 'You've decided,' he said, once he was done. 'This time, our target is prophile.'

"You're too late," said a squawky voice from prophile's shoulder. It was the parrot! And, held in its beak was the "new order"'s insignia. :hector_bird:
"So that's why," said the man in Washington. "All this time, and we never guessed..."
prophile gave a thumbs-up.

The parrot nodded. "squawk We knew we had to keep tabs upon all of you. This seemed the simplest way. And you are too late. We've hacked into your controls. The only thing that you'll be firing are air horns!"

Upon hearing this, the man in Washington smiled, revealing a full set of brilliant teeth. "Then you'll agree," he said, "that the dead-man's-switch nukes planted in Rhode Island will auto-activate any moment now?"

"But—" said the parrot.
"NO!—" said prophile.

Then, the screen to Providence went pure white.

A little while later, the man climbed out of his bunker and stared at the sky. With the warning— exterminate all parrots— sent to the other nations of the world, the war would soon be over.

It was time to rebuild._

Game Over. Innocent States Win!

prophile - Traitor
jrsh92 - Defender
mrxak, Mackilroy, Crow T. Robot, retep998 - Innocent

The irony of all of this is that jrsh92 ACTUALLY DEFENDED prophile in the first round.

Night Log

Day 1:

• prophile attacks Mackilroy.
• jrsh92 defends prophile.
• vote tied; coin flip decides prophile. Blocked due to jrsh92's defense action.
• Mackilroy nightkilled.

Day 2:

• jrsh92 defends mrxak. As he did vote for him, goodness only knows why.
• prophile, sensing the way of things, does not submit an attack.

That was a great game. Thanks, all, for playing!

Excelsior!! That game was very fun. Good job SoItBegins.

I had no idea what was going on after the first round... I voted for mrxak the second round to throw people off my trail :ninja:

That's why the SDI always protects himself for at least the first round. Otherwise, I really liked SIB's mechanic where the traitor automatically gets defended from lynching the first round. It helped keep the game from ending in less than 24 hours with so few players. (Like the last time I was a traitor...)

Overall I felt like this game took ages and I barely paid any attention.
Perhaps its due to the lack of IRC presence and discussion.
I need moar IRC!

@jrsh92, on 23 June 2012 - 01:56 PM, said in GTW 38:

I had no idea what was going on after the first round... I voted for mrxak the second round to throw people off my trail :ninja:

You actually had the key to the whole thing. After the first round, prophile strongly implied he was the defender. That was a big clue... (not that it mattered because everyone dogpiled him anyway, but still)

My streak of naming all non-me traitors in the very first round continues! Three in a row, woo!

@mrxak, on 24 June 2012 - 12:05 PM, said in GTW 38:

My streak of naming all non-me traitors in the very first round continues! Three in a row, woo!

So, from now on, we should vote for you in the first round and vote for whoever you name in the second round? ^_^

No, you should vote for whoever I tell you to vote for. Then, pray that the intelligence agent investigates me in the first night.

Sounds like a good strategy to me.

We all know what happened the last time you listened to mrxak unquestioningly, JacaByte.

But this time the IA will know if he's innocent or not, which is good enough for me. 🙂

@jacabyte, on 26 June 2012 - 10:18 PM, said in GTW 38:

But this time the IA will know if he's innocent or not, which is good enough for me. 🙂

Or we could vote for mrxak first round while investigating the person he says in that round. Then we know mrxak's alignment and that of the person he mentioned.

@soitbegins, on 27 June 2012 - 03:59 AM, said in GTW 38:

Or we could vote for mrxak first round while investigating the person he says in that round. Then we know mrxak's alignment and that of the person he mentioned.

And if it turns out neither person is the traitor, then it certainly isn't me. I have a streak of being a generic innocent.

Right, so in the first round we lynch whoever mrxak tells us to, then we lynch mrxak (even if he was right), and then we lynch whoever he told us to lynch in the previous round if it turns out he's innocent.