GTW Game 37

You're looking at the product of what should have been two completely distinct posts. I should have cut out my prediction, because at first I wasn't going to change my vote. But voting for Techerakh changes a lot now, doesn't it?

At first I was going to make the prediction, and then say why I was making the prediction, because Techerakh's witch hunt makes a perfect diversion for the traitors. If the traitors only have to watch us implode, without lifting a finger, then we'll lose for certain.

That said, voting for me isn't going to get us anywhere, it's only going to cause more confusion for us. For now I think I'll follow along with mrxak and retract my vote, and see who he votes for.

P.S. I still think Techerakh is a jerkwad.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 06 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

You realize if you follow me, you're probably going to end up voting for yourself? 😛

@jacabyte, on 05 June 2012 - 07:41 PM, said in GTW Game 37:

P.S. I still think Techerakh is a jerkwad.

Hey, don't be mean to him. I totally think he's cool.
Jacabyte , because of his insult.

This post has been edited by retep998 : 07 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Honestly the whole voting-for-prophile thing doesn't give me much reason to suspect retep. Of all of the first round's "random" voting, his struck me as genuine. Two traitors voting for one guy and then killing him off that night COULD be a so-bad-it's-good strategy but, I doubt it.

Discounting everyone who voted for nfreader leaves us with retep, me, croc, and Jaca. retep and Jaca I've addressed above and in my previous post, and croc's behavior would be suspect except that he was totally AWOL the past couple days on IRC. I don't really suspect any of these people, so I'm forced to consider the possibility that nfreader's partner voted for him.

SIB voted first, for nfreader. mrxak voted second, for nfreader. By the time mud voted, nfreader already had three votes and was looking to be going down. As traitor, SIB's vote can be seen as a decent strategy that sort of backfired. As traitor, mrxak's vote is basically a high risk/high reward version of the same strategy. But for mud to vote nfreader at that point, I think, would have been just stupid (i.e., a brilliant strategy :p). This is why I'm feeling good about mud (as I said earlier).

Anyway, having received some constructive criticism on my conduct last round, I'm gonna try and give you folks a little more insight today. (Especially since nick is dead and can't complain.)

Oh, one last thing. mrxak ruling out SIB and mud on a basis that would coincidentally rule himself out as well gives me some pause.

And, in response to mrxak, the traitors may have wanted prop dead because in his post where he voted for me, it almost seemed like he was outing himself as IA.

edit: grammar

This post has been edited by Techerakh : 05 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

I think I have to go with retep998 , precisely because his random-voting seems genuine. Who in the game has reason to vote for random diplomats? Traitors, because they're not hunting for a specific person, they want everyone to die eventually. A traitor has no need to spend time figuring out who to vote for, might as well use dice. Being unpredictable is a good way of keeping the trail cold too, and since the votes are "random" people don't feel they have to defend themselves so strongly. It's a good way of staying under the radar... just like his Random Obscure Posts.

Also, the way he's defending you, Techerakh, seems like a good way to inspire mutual loyalty. He knows you from IRC, you know him. He can come defend you against the big mean JacaByte and suddenly you trust him. After all, he's on your side, right? Don't let yourself get played, Techerakh, and don't for a second think random voting is a sign of innocence.

And Techerakh, of course I'd consider myself innocent on my own list. You don't have to trust me, but you did ask for my reasoning earlier and I explained where everyone currently stands in my mind.

This post has been edited by mrxak : 07 June 2012 - 04:42 PM
Reason for edit: vote change

@mrxak, on 05 June 2012 - 10:18 PM, said in GTW Game 37:

I think I have to go with retep998 , precisely because his random-voting seems genuine. Who in the game has reason to vote for random diplomats? Traitors, because they're not hunting for a specific person, they want everyone to die eventually. A traitor has no need to spend time figuring out who to vote for, might as well use dice. Being unpredictable is a good way of keeping the trail cold too, and since the votes are "random" people don't feel they have to defend themselves so strongly. It's a good way of staying under the radar... just like his Random Obscure Posts.

Also, the way he's defending you, Techerakh, seems like a good way to inspire mutual loyalty. He knows you from IRC, you know him. He can come defend you against the big mean JacaByte and suddenly you trust him. After all, he's on your side, right? Don't let yourself get played, Techerakh, and don't for a second think random voting is a sign of innocence.

And Techerakh, of course I'd consider myself innocent on my own list. You don't have to trust me, but you did ask for my reasoning earlier and I explained where everyone currently stands in my mind.

So he randomly voted...for his teammate? I don't see that as a random action. Maybe it was an intentional, strategic decision. But not a random one.
edit2: sorry, got confused for a sec. retep voted prop, not cia. Pay me no heed 😕

My vote will not be swayed by namecalling, I promise.

I'm not sure what your third paragraph is in response to. I'm happy to see your reasoning; it's good to get this conversation going

edit: fix stray bbcode or whatever it's called these days

This post has been edited by Techerakh : 05 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

@techerakh, on 05 June 2012 - 09:17 PM, said in GTW Game 37:

Oh, one last thing. mrxak ruling out SIB and mud on a basis that would coincidentally rule himself out as well gives me some pause.

Duh.

I can't tell if you really misunderstood me or you're just being coy. Yes, of course you have to say you're innocent. My point is that your somewhat flimsy elimination of SIB and mud from consideration has the added bonus of eliminating you from consideration too, which merits being pointed out. That's all.

As mrxak's puppet I shall vote for retep998.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 07 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

@techerakh, on 05 June 2012 - 11:46 PM, said in GTW Game 37:

I can't tell if you really misunderstood me or you're just being coy. Yes, of course you have to say you're innocent. My point is that your somewhat flimsy elimination of SIB and mud from consideration has the added bonus of eliminating you from consideration too, which merits being pointed out. That's all.

I guess I misunderstood you. Perhaps you should explain why you think SoItBegins, mud212, and I are more evil than those who did not vote to kill a traitor?

@jacabyte, on 06 June 2012 - 12:01 AM, said in GTW Game 37:

As mrxak's puppet I shall vote for retep998.

Thanks, minion.

@mrxak, on 06 June 2012 - 01:36 AM, said in GTW Game 37:

I guess I misunderstood you. Perhaps you should explain why you think SoItBegins, mud212, and I are more evil than those who did not vote to kill a traitor?

1. Not more evil, just not eliminated from consideration. Don't let yourself get played, mrxak, and don't for a second think voting for nfreader is a sign of innocence. 😉

2. I posted a rationale for everyone.

3. croc, mud, SIB? You guys got anything to add?

@mrxak, on 05 June 2012 - 07:20 PM, said in GTW Game 37:

I put those three names in the possible innocent category.

I guess your confusion stems from your not understanding what possible means.

What I think is interesting is that SIB has posted exactly once in this thread, and his only action was to vote for nfreader. Hopefully he posts again, but I kind of find that intriguing, it's as if he's trying to lie low.

@techerakh, on 06 June 2012 - 06:24 AM, said in GTW Game 37:

croc, mud, SIB? You guys got anything to add?

As we all know, defending yourself in this game only makes you even more suspicious. So no, I have nothing add. I'll not provide you any rope to hang me with like Mack and Jaca did in the last game.

Okay, let's begin here.

A traitor has no need to spend time figuring out who to vote for, might as well use dice.

Well, last round was Round 1. It's people who use dice in rounds 3, 4 you need to worry about 🙂

As for my pick:
I think Jaca's acting in good faith, though he does have tendencies to be aggressive. Tcherak is an unknown but I THINK he's genuine for now. I don't suspect mrxak, mud, and myself, for obvious reasons 😄
Retep998 voted the same as nfreader. We know nf was evil, so I doubt the traitors would remain on a losing bandwagon, that's an obvious no-no. He's PROBABLY clean.

The only remaining person, by process of elimination, is my vote: croc.

@jacabyte, on 06 June 2012 - 10:51 AM, said in GTW Game 37:

What I think is interesting is that SIB has posted exactly once in this thread, and his only action was to vote for nfreader. Hopefully he posts again, but I kind of find that intriguing, it's as if he's trying to lie low.

Agreed.

@mud212, on 06 June 2012 - 11:18 AM, said in GTW Game 37:

As we all know, defending yourself in this game only makes you even more suspicious. So no, I have nothing add. I'll not provide you any rope to hang me with like Mack and Jaca did in the last game.

IMHO it's not posting what's suspicious, but to each his own. As I've said, I don't particularly suspect you anyway, so your input would be so much the more appreciated.

@soitbegins, on 06 June 2012 - 04:44 PM, said in GTW Game 37:

Tcherak is an unknown but I THINK he's genuine for now. I don't suspect mrxak, mud, and myself, for obvious reasons 😄

mrxak, croc, retep, and nfreader have all played with me on IRC in case you want to "phone a friend" for the 411. 🙂

You ruling out mrxak is problematic for the same reason mrxak ruling out you is.

Top three suspects at present (in alpha order): mrxak, retep, SIB. It would be nice to hear from croc though.

You know, I wouldn't put it past SIB to randomly vote for his partner during the first round. I also wouldn't put it past mrxak to bandwagon against his partner either, and then attempt to use his vote for proving his innocence...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 06 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

@techerakh, on 06 June 2012 - 05:36 PM, said in GTW Game 37:

You ruling out mrxak is problematic for the same reason mrxak ruling out you is.

So you're using the exact same metric to condemn two people, one of whom is guaranteed to be innocent (unless Mackilroy included three traitors this game, but I don't think so).

@jacabyte, on 06 June 2012 - 06:08 PM, said in GTW Game 37:

You know, I wouldn't put it past SIB to randomly vote for his partner during the first round. I also wouldn't put it past mrxak to bandwagon against his partner either, and then attempt to use his vote for proving his innocence...

Bandwagon? I was the second vote, just minutes after the game began. I would have voted for nfreader no matter what, as revenge for his behavior towards me in game 35, voting for me again and again long after I was dead. The man is a disruption, his grumpiness was showing itself on IRC even before the game started, and he had to die. I'm the only one here with a genuine reason to vote for the guy. I'm glad others chose to do so because we killed a traitor. If one of the others is a traitor, look elsewhere. mud212, for example, voted for nfreader after there was already a plurality against him. Look at yourself, who changed your vote suddenly which created a tie, jeopardizing, among others, prophile.

Fine, have it your way. If prophile hadn't changed his vote I would have changed mine back, I realize how dangerous a tie is for us. It's also possible prophile would have been killed by the traitors whether he had changed his vote or not.

P.S. Damn you autocorrect, prophile != prop hike

Every time I type prophile in my text file keeping track of votes, it autocorrects to profile.