GTW Game 37

Neither Jaca nor mud are doing a very good job of convincing me I'm wrong

@techerakh, on 04 June 2012 - 06:23 PM, said in GTW Game 37:

I have deduced that the two most likely traitors are Jaca and mud.

I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion.

This post has been edited by mud212 : 04 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

I inferred it. So, was I right? 🙂

Inferred from what, precisely?

You have no response to my question?

You have no response to mine?

In order to cover my ass I'm going to make a prediction; Techerakh is going to be the first assassination target, so the real traitor will have a chance to frame myself and mud, similar to what happened in GTW 35.

Mud and myself have no way of proving our innocence reasonably. Techerakh is attempting to engage in a witch hunt at this point, and a witch hunt in GTW means handing victory to the evil dictators. I guess GTW is all about witch hunts when you get right down to it, but Techerakh is trying to start a witch hunt without stating what his evidence is. Take this fact into deep consideration my fellow diplomats.

In fact I think I'll just change my vote to Techerakh , because 1) I'm sick of typing out his name and 2) he's not being helpful at this stage of the game. I realize that this causes a 3 way tie, therefore if nobody changes their votes before the end of this round I will change mine back to nfreader. glares at nfreader

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the thought process, JacaByte, as to why you made that post.

Yep you got me, Jaca. This is my cunning mafia GTW strategy, where I totally derail the bandwagoning of one player (nfreader) in order to draw a lot of excess attention onto myself.

Anyway if you want some evidence , you can consult that guilty-ass post you just wrote.

Oh, and mud, I am not so enamored of my abilities to think that I successfully guessed BOTH traitors on the first day, so consider yourself off the hook for the time being. Thanks for playing 😉

What is guilty about it, exactly? That you're ceaselessly accusing myself and mud of being traitors for no reason whatsoever?

Going off what you just posted it sounds like your strategy is to inflame your targets, whether they're innocent or not, to the point that they accuse you of treachery. I really don't think you're a traitor, at this point I just think you're a terrible diplomat, trying to get the other innocents to chase after other innocents instead of trying to figure out who the real traitors are. In any case I want you gone.

And consider; if I was a traitor, I think I'd rather just ignore you, as mud has done here. Then I could have you assassinated this round, and claim I was framed by the actual traitors, no? And in that case you wouldn't have accomplished nought. Or you could have me lynched to prove my innocence, and then lynch mud, and then what? You've lynched at least 1 and at most 2 innocents at that point, without finding the traitors. Again, you've accomplished nought in this case.

If my previous post is bizarre, your strategy is even more so.

Changing my vote to nfreader in order to save myself.

( JacaByte )

Day one is over. Voting is now closed.

Final Vote Tally :
nfreader
mrxak
mud212
prophile
SoItBegins

prophile
nfreader
retep998

JacaByte
Techerakh
croc

Techerakh
JacaByte

nfreader is now dead. He was a traitor. Unfortunately, prophile is also dead.

prophile was an assassin -- he had the ability to kill one person of his choice at any time. Only one person, though, and he wouldn't know in advance if he were killing a traitor or a diplomat. But he chose not to use his power, so he killed no one at all.

Remaining players:

croc
JacaByte
mrxak
mud212
retep998
SoItBegins
Techerakh

The obvious person to want prophile dead was... nfreader. That's less than helpful. But hey! I called it, again, with nfreader. It will take some thinking about who is most suspicious right now...

Major candidates include JacaByte and retep998, though of the two, JacaByte has acted the strangest.

I'm just really out of it since Techerakh is being a jerk towards me. "Hey look, he's angry! That must mean that he really is a traitor! Before I was just spewing stuff out of my garbled, but now I have proof that he's a traitor!"

It's kind of interesting that retep998 and nfreader both voted for prophile, and then prophile was the assassination target, no? At no point did either of them change their votes, but I'm not sure if we can divinate anything from that.

For now I'm voting for Techerakh , because he's a jerkwad.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 05 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

So I guess it's a good thing there are two traitors this time, else this would be a repeat of GTW 34.

(edit)mud jumped in front of me in the posting line. "dude" referenced below is jaca, of course(/edit)
'

Dude, relax.

Anyway, after this result I'm less inclined to think it's Jaca, insofar as his erratic posting doesn't really jive with him cunningly appearing to bandwagon against his partner in the first day. I grant that it could be a con of unprecedented proportions, but, nah...

I mean, fill me in if killing your teammate is like, extremely common in DEFCONmafia or whatever this game is called. But otherwise...

At this point I'm positively disposed toward croc and mud and neutral on everyone else. Would be interested to hear mrxak's take on what makes retep suspect...

This post has been edited by Techerakh : 05 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Random Obscure Post

@techerakh, on 05 June 2012 - 06:52 PM, said in GTW Game 37:

At this point I'm positively disposed toward croc and mud and neutral on everyone else. Would be interested to hear mrxak's take on what makes retep suspect...

It's more of a process of elimination thing. I don't particularly suspect SoItBegins or mud212, since they helped me vote out the first traitor. After JacaByte's total meltdown, any of us would be justified in changing our votes to save our cohort's life, yet none of us did. I put those three names in the possible innocent category. croc and Techerakh both voted for the person I most suspect, so right now they fall under the strange category. Everyone else goes in the maybe category. retep998 has the unfortunate honor of having voted the same as a known traitor. Why the traitors wanted prophile dead, I don't know, but with nfreader's vote it seems they were going to get him one way or another.

I still suspect JacaByte more... I'll probably vote for him after some more careful reading. I really don't understand why he posted a prediction like that earlier.